Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

13 Aug 2018

Greetings Everyone,
    Wow! This past week has been crazy busy for me with all the work at the day job as well as with helping people near us with various needs. We love to help people and even at times, we struggle ourselves to have the time and money to help others, but we do our best to do what we can, when we can. The LOML and I are on the Dave Ramsey plan of getting out of debt. So far we've paid off 2 debts and will have our 3rd debt paid off next month. I've never been good with eliminating debt from my life and I'm sorry that I didn't learn better until now. With that said, I can at least say "it's better now than never".

We are getting some much needed rain and I'm very thankful for that! I'm still on my new eating plan (Mediterranean Diet) but my weight loss has stalled. I expected this but it's not any more frustrating than the last time I stalled out on weight loss. This time, I'm not giving up after a month of being stalled...I'm sticking with the plan.

I'm making plans to get some serious woodworking done this fall & winter. I have at least 2 queen sized beds to build and these will be for each of my boys. I'm going to make each of them help on the project since I'm getting older and slower.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Went camping this weekend at prince Gallitzin state park. Canoed and kayaked all over the three square mile lake and did a bunch of fishing. I finally finished a new desk that I have been working on off and on for about three months.

Dennis, it's a good thing when "life isn't boring".

I had my normal eclectic week...mowed in-between raindrops, got another nasty hornet sting while mowing, completed a really nice prototype for a product off the CNC and sent it to the prospective customer yesterday, did some project planning and got partway through a build for a new mailbox support for our property. We've been here for almost 19 years and I'm finally getting around to making "something nice" for that purpose. While it's PT in the core, it's completely wrapped with PVC so it should last another 20 years or so I would hope. (at least unless someone runs it over... ) I got started on the painting yesterday, so this is the current state for now.

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Wow, nice mailbox stand, Jim. Looks great. Love the color.

Got a chance to take a wade down the Au Sable river for a half day. Not a sole in site, perfect weather, and fortunately the river has cooled down a bit. This healthy little brown was kind enough to break up the stroll with a wee bit of action...at least a bit more than the few brook trout fingerlings taking a swipe at a big bug.

B816643C-C140-4A56-BED1-1049C36355AA.jpg

Thanks, Phil. Colors match the house (finally) and it's looking great with the second coats on the paint. I just have to finish up the number plates (CNC machined HDU and painted) and "schedule" installation with my self.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Looks very nice Jim.

I attended a family reunion last weekend, had a great time, no wood working, just some talking about it...............Regards, Rod.