Thread: Craftsman table saw parts

Craftsman table saw parts

I have an old Craftsman 10" table saw(model 152.221140). I am looking for the saw insert that came with the saw. Old part number 27509.00 changed to OR9104. I have tried all places I know, eBay, Amazon, ereplacement parts, etc. Does anyone know of a parts house or site where I might purchase this part? Appreciate the help.

Blog Entries
    You cam make your own inserts from Luan plywood with a reinforcing rib of hard wood underneath out of the line of cutting. I make these all the time for my saw.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thank you Capitan

What Dan said or get a UHMW insert from various sources local or online. A home made one or a UHMW one is better because it is now zero clearance which will reduce tearout.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    The 152. prefix indicates an Orion saw. These morphed into Steel City at one point in that company's evolution. That version of Steel City closed in 2015. I do not know if the Canadian presence of SC will do you any good.

I always made ZCI's for my Orion Saw. I would just do that if I were you.

ZCI_1.jpg
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 08-13-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

IIRC, the Craftsman "zipcode" saws (22104, 22114, and 22124), all accepted a standard left tilt US made Delta Unisaw insert. Check the measurements to be sure.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Woodcraft offers several Leecraft inserts that fit several different Craftsman saws. You might see if one of them is correct for your saw. https://www.woodcraft.com/categories...5B%5D=Leecraft
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

A quarter sheet of 1/2" MDF from borgs will make a lifetime supply of inserts.. You can drill and tap them for set screws to aid in leveling with top of saw. Buy a box of a hundred set screws from MSC, Macmaster Carr, etc. Put both tap and drill bit, along with correct size Allen wrench inside box of set screws, and you will always know where to find them.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 08-13-2018 at 10:37 PM.

As always, thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kopack View Post
    I have an old Craftsman 10" table saw(model 152.221140). I am looking for the saw insert that came with the saw. Old part number 27509.00 changed to OR9104. I have tried all places I know, eBay, Amazon, ereplacement parts, etc. Does anyone know of a parts house or site where I might purchase this part? Appreciate the help.
    If you have an original insert, it's easy enough to make your own as said above. I cut a piece of plywood just over sized then double stick tape the blank to the original insert and route with a pattern bit. If you don't have an original insert one of the mentioned solutions should get you up and running.