Thread: Rowmark LaserGlow (Glow in the dark) material questions...

Rowmark LaserGlow (Glow in the dark) material questions...

I only found a couple references to this material in the SMC search and they were really old so rather than resurrecting ancient posts I thought I'd try a new one.

I have a 8x8 sheet of Rowmark LaserGlow that I got as a sample awhile back. I had it sitting on the bookshelf in my bedroom but even with little light and the blinds closed during the day it still gathered enough light up that area of the room. The few times I've left if by a lighted window it glowed throughout the night.

I'm wondering if anyone has worked with LaserGlow in an outdoor setting? I'm making a sign that will hang on a cabin porch and thinking about using the glow material for an inlay with a black border for daytime visibility. My initial though is to raster engrave a pocket for the LaserGlow house numbers and then a offset for the border. I think I would have to finish the sign completely with outdoor waterproofing before adding the glow so that any UV sealant wouldn't interfere with the light absorbtion of the LaserGlow. If anyone is familiar with the product and could offer insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    RayFine Fiber Laser (JPT M6+, Sino Galvo head)
    RayFine RF-1390 100w EFR
    Blast Cabinet, Vinyl Cutter, Sublimation Equipment, CNC

Blog Entries
    I've played with a couple of samples. Laser GLOW, won't engrave with laser. It Cuts fine, but bubbles and melts when engraved. You'll have to cut out letters and then place rather than engrave.
    LaserLIGHTS, engraves great. Both say exterior in not harsh environment..... Guess it would hold up for a while.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others