Thread: How to send a gift to Lebanon?

How to send a gift to Lebanon?

A former co-worker of my wife now lives in Lebanon and recently got married. My wife would like to send her a gift but we are having trouble finding a reasonable way to do this. There are online gift sites but all they seem to have are flowers and candy and the like....

Amazon seems to ship there, but only certain items and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to determine which items are ok.

We obviously don't want the new marrieds to have to pay duty or custom fees, etc.

There are shopping services but they seem targeted to folks in Lebanon that want to buy from US sites.

Can anyone provide any guidance?

Does Amazon service Lebanon? I wanted to send some things to Italy and it was easier to get on the Italian Amazon site and purchase and have them sent directly. (Used google translate to navigate the site.) Another time I sent a box of woodturnings and it was expensive and a lot of trouble (needing the correct forms, etc.) I sent the box UPS after reading that it was more likely to make it than through the mail service. However, it cost me over $200 to send a box that would have cost $20 to send in the US.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    A former co-worker of my wife now lives in Lebanon and recently got married. My wife would like to send her a gift but we are having trouble finding a reasonable way to do this. There are online gift sites but all they seem to have are flowers and candy and the like....

Amazon seems to ship there, but only certain items and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to determine which items are ok.

We obviously don't want the new marrieds to have to pay duty or custom fees, etc.

There are shopping services but they seem targeted to folks in Lebanon that want to buy from US sites.

Can anyone provide any guidance?

LOL! So much hype and stuff going on about.....

I misread this as "How to send a gift to Lebron".

I was all set to say, "Why, the guy has more money than a small country"!
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

I would send a gift basket and Mail a gift card. I know a gift card isn't real personal, but you aren't exactly getting a gift for you friends that moved to California.

No experience at all but I wonder how DHL compares to U.S. domestic shippers. Ebay vendors use it within the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    LOL! So much hype and stuff going on about.....

I misread this as "How to send a gift to Lebron".

I was all set to say, "Why, the guy has more money than a small country"!
    Seeing you are in NE Ohio, it makes sense.

Maybe they are in LA and just attempting to sweeten the draw to SoCal...

As to the OP I would just buy a physically small gift and send it by USPS and mark it as a gift on the customs form, in the vast majority of countries there are no customs or duties on gifts though you might want to check Lebanon's procedure.

See
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.