Hi, I am new to this forum and to woodworking in general. I recently picked up Powermatic Model 60 jointer made in 1983, I believe. Previous owner had trouble running it, from his words it was popping out the breaker. The way I got jointer is the motor was directly wired to the plug bypassing the magnetic starter. I tried to run it as is, checking whether it was 110v or 220v - it was 110v, - and it started fine and no problems with breaker.
What I would like to do now is to wire it back via magnetic starter, but I have no idea how, I realized that L1 & L2 at the top of it is where wires from the power source (plug) should go, but I couldn't understand how to connect motor to it. I was trying to use multimeter to test contacts on magnetic starter and I didn't get power anywhere except where I connected my black wire from the power source. What is also slightly confuses me is that I found similar model on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/p/Furnas-14DF12...6226535&chn=ps and looking at photos there are some red wires that connect terminals on the starter itself - mine doesn't have any of that. I attached more photos in case it helps.

IMG_0818.jpgIMG_8364.jpgIMG_2706.jpgIMG_5280.jpgIMG_0858.jpgIMG_0409.jpg