Thread: Plans for media storage cabinet

Plans for media storage cabinet

I am looking to build a DVD/Blu-ray storage cabinet similar to the one shown in this link:
    https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pd...-trpt3577.html

and was wondering if anyone has or has seen any plans for something like this. I think I can figure out how to do it, but have never built anything without plans before and am a bit nervous about getting dimensions wrong and such.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Butch, this looks like it should be pretty straight-forward. It's a square box with "L"-shaped doors, right ? With your experience you should be able to anticipate how the details will look ahead of time. I say, "Go for it !" Make plenty of drawings beforehand and during. Detail drawings help a lot.

Of course, I can't see the inside but I, myself, would consider putting top and bottom ends on the doors to make them sturdy, then indents above and below the storage rack to house the door ends will isolate the box and really make it stand out.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

Sorry .. I didn't notice the media are in the doors, as well. Kindly ignore my design suggestion.
    Last edited by Yonak Hawkins; 08-11-2018 at 12:16 PM. Reason: mea culpa

I haven't seen any plans for it but bought the cabinet a few years ago. Ours is loaded with a few hundred CD's and the weight quickly sprung one door's hinges.
    If you build one use stout hinges!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney