Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rockwell 12-14 Table Saw Value

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    I'd put a lifetime motor on a lifetime saw. If you ever need the 14" due to depth of cut, the kerf will be wide and you will want the 5 hp. 3 would be my minimum and 5 hp is preferable. I have 5 on my Rockwell and needed all of it, and 9 on my slider and needed all of it. Dave
    I will install the motor with a inline plug and receptacle so changing it out later will not be too hard, if needed. This allows me to wait a few years to find a more powerful motor at a good price. I do have a 3hp motor but is only C-face mount.
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 05-02-2019 at 10:35 AM.

If it is simple to do,minimal investment, ya go for it.

Can always change in future.

Marc
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

And also... you may know, but complete saw is 850 lbs.

Most remove the table and move separate from base.

Very rough ballpark ratio - Table is 300+ lbs, rest is 500 lbs.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Jeske; 05-01-2019 at 5:59 PM.
    I'm pretty new here, not as as experienced as most. Please don't hesitate to correct me

Cheapest motor on ebay now is about $9.00 less then I paid for the saw. I will only use TEFC motors in the woodshop. Many folks selling big motors will not ship "local pickup only". But Ebay has no way to eliminate "local pickup only". So I have to look at each motor in my price range thenn figure out if they will ship or if they are local enough to make the trip worthwhile.. Many people are still overcharging for shipping on ebay not having figured out ebay takes a equal cut of shipping the same percentage as the price.

Bill - ? Local old school motor rewind, service, and new sales shop?

Of course, how little or how much you paid for the saw has no relevancy whatsoever... a totally separate said and done non revisitable issue.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Jeske; 05-01-2019 at 6:19 PM.

I paid some months ago $900 for a delivered to my door 12/14 w a supposed "factory stock 5 hp 1 ph" , 52" Original old school Bies, and overarm Brett Guard in slightly above avg condition.

Includes motor cover, but sans square front door.

Only minor rust anywhere.

The Bies fence face is kinda worn through the laminate face... plan to re face.

No miter gauge.No problem.

Kinda weird... Both miter groove entrance points are rough chippedlike 45 deg chamferred rough beveled chipped open.

Still sitting on a pallet in the back corner... sounds and is stupid, but I still have yet to get in there and confirm in fact is 5 hp 1 ph.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Jeske; 05-01-2019 at 7:00 PM.