Thread: Grizzly Table Saw Dust Collection

Grizzly Table Saw Dust Collection

I recently purchased a Grizzly 1023RL table saw. My first cuts were ripping a 2 x 10 PT board into 2 x 4s. After the second cut I noticed a fair amount of dust coming out through the blade guard. When I finished the cuts I noticed that the dust collection"funnel" under the blade had accumulated dust. The small opening of the funnel had become clogged with dust. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is the small funnel opening a design flaw? Is it because the dust coming off of PT boards is damp? Is there a remedy? Thanks.

Do you have a dust collector hooked up to the saw?

My dust collector is a 2hp which I believe is rated at 1500 cfm. It's connected with a piece of flex hose about 5' long.

The people with the most experience with the machine would be Grizzly. That’s be my first stop.

Pressure treated lumber is loaded with moisture, which makes it somewhat heavier and tends to "clump" up.

Blog Entries
    Here's my guess . . . Aside from never considering cutting PT material on a tool I cared about , the material is very wet and will clog. It will also play hell with your cast iron surfaces over time. I'm afraid this is a use problem, not a design problem, sorry .

If your DC is not a pre-blower cyclone or some using some sort of pre-blower separator I think you can imagine what is happening to the blower fan and enclosure. If you have much of this to do I would remove the internal parts and let the port at the base of the cabinet do as well as it can and use a separator on the DC.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 08-09-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Glen:
    Thanks for your comments and insight. The two cuts that I made on PT lumber was a one time affair.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Weingarden View Post
    Glen:
    Thanks for your comments and insight. The two cuts that I made on PT lumber was a one time affair.
    Cool. The DC on your saw with more typical material should do well.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Glad to hear it.

In general, 2 hp dust collectors pull about 700-800 cfm at best. It is such a shame that a mfg would rate a 2 hp collector at 1500 cfm.