Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to buy Color core cardstock type of materials

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    But will it cut and engrave on a laser, enquiring minds would like to know. I see Amazon sells it, try and let us know.
    Yes, and you can get it at any store that does framing, e.g. Aaron Brothers, Michaels.
    There may be some odd specialty varieties that have a vinyl top layer to get a non-paper (e.g. metallics) look, but I've never encountered that in normal photo mat board.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

more info?

Use posterboard! Walmart sells a black posterboard with a white core. They may have other colors with a different core, but I keep black on hand to test a design before etching on black granite or black anodized aluminum.
    ULS X-660 CO2 50 watt (July 2008), Corel X7, Photograv, GX 7000 for dye sub, Graphtec vinyl plotter, Rayzist Sandcarving system (Nov 2018), JPT MOPA M6 30 watt Fiber Laser (May 2019)

I make my cards out of matting also. Any framing shop has tons of “middles” for pennies. High speed , low power, two passes, zero smoke.
    355 - 10400 : )

I use scrapbooking double sided card stock to make business cards. It's available from Michael's or directly from DCWV. Here are a couple links to dcwv. https://www.dcwv.com/product/12-ds-cardstock-stack/
    https://www.dcwv.com/product/ppr-pad...wel-tone-58sh/
    https://www.dcwv.com/product-categor...2-x-12-stacks/

The attached photo uses the jewel tone paper.
    biz cards.jpg

LaserBob
    Bob Kartman
    Laser Innovations Inc.
    Fort Wayne, IN

Doug Fisher Have you looked on youtube, Mike Clarke (Trotec) Doug Green and Roy Brewer have some fantastic tutorials on using coreldraw to create laser files.
    All free.
    Last edited by john passek; 10-29-2018 at 8:53 PM.
    2017 Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Corel X8
    Photograv 3.0

New Hermes Pantograph
    2-Corner cutters/notchers
    1- Combo Shear.
    Vision VE810HD Rotary
    Numerous support tools.

For business cards try clear cast acrylic. It has the highest wow factor of any business card I have ever made from any other material. People never throw acrylic cards away.

Please consider purchasing your plastics from Johnson Plastics, they help keep The Creek online.