I've been eyeing an RL-125 dust collector for the superior filtration, quieter operation, and greater suction than the 2HP unit I have, now.

I think the RL-125 is appropriately sized for my needs, as I work from a garage where I move machines around a lot and use a single, large flex-hose to connect one machine at a time to the DC. Seems like the RL-125 is the "right size" for me, but the RL-140 is only ~$700 more. Anyone have comments on whether or not the RL-125 has proven sufficient, or if you wish you'd gone larger?

Second, how critical is the auto-clean feature and/or the anti-static filter?

Finally, there is a used RL-125 near me that comes with a "pile" of ductwork. I think the ductwork is mostly useless (spiral metal cut to various lengths), but the seller is asking $3800 for the unit and the ductwork. Is there anything to look out for in terms of age, wear, etc? Do the filters have a finite lifespan?

(The new unit is only $4100, so I'm thinking the used one is way overpriced, especially since I'm leaning towards wanting the RL-140 with autoclean, but would appreciate comments on this...)