Thread: interesting entry on facebook

interesting entry on facebook

this was posted on facebook , a guy engraved this picture on black marble using corel photo, photograv
    he has a 60 watt laser-- settings 14% power speed 150 and san gap 350
    I think its excellent
    Attached Images Attached Images

most of the battle is getting the photo 'fixed' so it'll engrave nicely, which was obviously done right here, very nice!

I keep thinking I should try photograv...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    most of the battle is getting the photo 'fixed' so it'll engrave nicely, which was obviously done right here, very nice!

I keep thinking I should try photograv...
    Save your money. Rodney Gold posted the way to do it all manually years ago.

True black marble engraving black and white incredibly well.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Wow, that's some beautiful work! Reminded me of this thread from a few years back. Joseph, if you're still active on this forum we would love to see some of your more recent work!
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....g+black+marble
    Universal PLS 6.120D 75 watt
    MutiCam Apex CNC 4'x8' w 6 bit TC.
    EnrRoute 6 Pro 3d software.
    Vision 2550 Rotary Engraver.

Quote Originally Posted by stan kern View Post
    this was posted on facebook , a guy engraved this picture on black marble using corel photo, photograv
    he has a 60 watt laser-- settings 14% power speed 150 and san gap 350
    I think its excellent

That does look good. I should probably mention though, and not to start any issues w/ you personally Stan, but you really shouldn't save pictures someone else took of their work and share them without their permission. Just thought I'd point that out since it's not great for you or SMC if they take exception to it.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

He was sharing this images with people on rdworks and talked about how he did it

I never thought anything of it as it looked good , his name is derick close and he is ok with the post

Quote Originally Posted by stan kern View Post
    I never thought anything of it as it looked good , his name is derick close and he is ok with the post
    Awesome, glad he's ok with you sharing!
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

I dont care what laser you have... and I don’t care who you buy your version of PhotoGrav from. ... It is really worth it. I am not a master at preparing photos for lasering... but PhotoGrav makes it MUCH easier to do. I have tried to use GIMP, MSPaint, Corel, and Adobe Illustrator... PhotoGrav just makes it easy to come out with great results. There are some key concepts that you have to take into consideration while directing PhotoGrav about what you want... and then the magic software just does all the hard work ...I look at the previews to see if the simulations are what I want... Then I use the processed engrave file with the appropriate speed, power, and interval (DPI, scan gap, step-over)..

I feel that it is easier ... and I always get better results with PhotoGrav.