Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Chair For The Grandpeanut

Good, good stuff Ken. The chair will be the tie that binds you to him, I bet.
    David

He's going to love that chair! It's from Pa-Pa and it's HIS. Yours is nicer than the ones I make, and I regularly receive pictures of kids dragging mine all over the house and using them. They really love kid sized chairs. Grandpeanut will too.

You should make him a table next Ken! Just a small 1 place table he can eat a snack on while sitting in his chair.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Nice looking chair!

Hi Ken,

Glad you had a good trip and great looking chair--sure to become a well-used heirloom.

Best,
    Chris
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Thanks guys,

The chair was a fun build. I think it will be strong enough to hold up to a growing boy, time will tell on that.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    He's going to love that chair! It's from Pa-Pa and it's HIS. Yours is nicer than the ones I make, and I regularly receive pictures of kids dragging mine all over the house and using them. They really love kid sized chairs. Grandpeanut will too.

You should make him a table next Ken! Just a small 1 place table he can eat a snack on while sitting in his chair.
    Fred,

I did several years ago.

leviChairFinishedInSittingRoomA160117.jpg

The table's top is painted with a "chalk board" paint so he can draw on it and erase as needed. The LOML said his Mom wants a desk for his bedroom to go with the new chair. I expect when it is finished the old table and chair will be passed on to the newest grandpeanut, Abby Ray. BTW, last night I did a couple of preliminary sketches of the desk. I expect it will also be staked with a "hanging" drawer. Thinking ahead I may build it too high for the current new chair so it could work thru at least Jr. High. Of course that means another chair build as well, oh darn .

ken
    Last edited by ken hatch; 10-04-2018 at 12:10 PM.

That's great stuff Ken. The desk will be even more special. Remember to post build pics!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”