Thread: Question for Hurricane Chuck owners

Question for Hurricane Chuck owners

I left two voicemails last week on the phone line listed on the Woodturning Store's website. No one has called back.

I lost a grub screw for the lathe chuck spindle adapter. I assume my local hardware store will have a replacement but don't drive due to a vision issue. So before I get an Uber driver or some other ride to the store does anyone know what size the set screw is? I want to call and make sure the local store has one in stock before I waste time getting a ride.

Thanks!
    Ricc Havens

M8 - 1.25 x 8-10 mm in length will work in the one threaded that I have.

Ricc- I would try to call again. They have always taken care of me. I’ll bet they will send you a replacement.

mike

Or buy a small quantity on Ebay. Way cheaper than Uber and have some spares on hand for the next time.

Hi Ricc,

I am sorry about missing your call ... summer vacations ... short staffed ... we got behind. I just left a message on your home phone, we will send you out a replacement tomorrow. Thanks again, Steve

I'll second the eBay idea! M8 x 1.25 seems to be a common set screw size, they're good to have around. The rotating top to the McNaughton Center Save also uses that size.

I'll also recommend getting a set of thread checkers, especially for metric. It's nice to be able to identify replacement parts.

Thanks Everyone! Steve from the Woodturning store saw this forum post and called me last night. He offered to send one at no charge but since it was my fault at losing the set screw I just asked for the size so I can get one next time I'm near a hardware store.

Ricc