Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

6 Aug 2018

Greetings,
    It's been a very busy oncall week and even across the weekend. I come off of oncall duty this morning and I'm excited that it's done for now! Got a bit of yard work done this past week, the garden isn't liking all this heat with no rain. We truly need some rain here as even the ground is cracking from the lack of rain. The LOML and I are in week 4 of the Financial Peace University and so far, we've paid off 2 debts and will have a 3rd debt paid off next month if all goes as planned. We have 2 other couples that are doing this with us and they too are dropping debt like crazy and one of the couples will be totally out of debt next month! I'm truly looking forward to experiencing some "financial freedom" myself for the first time of my life! I'm happy to say that August is here and that means that fall is getting closer and to me, that means cooler temps are coming!!! Yea!!! Then I'll get in the shop and start getting some things done.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

'Glad things are going well for your program, Dennis!

I had a pretty boring week, outside of the freezer door being left open over night early in the week and losing pretty much everything that was in it. Otherwise, typical week with the typical Monday morning lawn mowing, time in the shop working on prototypes for products I'm thinking about, cooking some good meals and generally enjoying life. This week should be about the same...MINUS the freezer debacle.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Dennis,

I'm curious about the methods of debt consolidation that you've been mentioning. Are you actually able to pay off thousands of dollars of debt in just two and three week periods when you don't already have the money available in savings or investments? Or are you using creative methods, like borrowing from one low-interest account to pay down another higher one? I have a brother in-law that charged up thousands on his ex-wife's credit card in order to fund certain large purchases. In that sense, he's left himself debt-free. Is it that sort of thing? The only way I know of to pay off an amortized debt faster than originally planned is by making extra payments. That being said, if one had the money to make extra payments in the beginning, it wouldn't have made sense to take out the credit in the first place. What manner of alchemy have you come across?

I was up to my elbows in drywall compound this weekend, still trying to put my temporary garage shop back together after tearing out pre-existing cabinets and dryall in order to rewire for 220V. I'm not the best at drywall--my 4 step approach takes at least 6 or 7 steps, and there's lots of sanding in between. I've given up on the notion of trying to completely repair the incomplete and badly done taping job that the previous owner had done. Aside from patching up holes, taping and mudding the new drywall, and cleaning up some of the seams and corners, I've resigned myself to just letting this garage shop end up looking like it's just another garage shop instead of a finished automotive storage space that doubles as a woodworking enclave. So, after a couple quick coats of primer and a slightly off-white interior latex paint this week, I'm going to hurry up and get my tools unpacked so I can get back to doing some real work.
    Last edited by Mike Ontko; 08-06-2018 at 9:00 PM.

Doing your part to combat global warming, Jim?

Dave Ramsey says to pay off your smallest debts first. It's more of a psychological thing than anything else.