Finally got back to the table build, after being over whelmed with honey-dos, hand surgery and consulting with my Danish friends on their new software. Found some nice 10/4 rough sawn QSWO from a local mill for the table ends and squared it and planed it to size and glued up the blanks. Why does my glue up of anything large, despite planning, walking thru the steps and other prep work, always turn into a 3 alarm fire drill?? Oh well, it worked out. So one end is mostly ready for sanding etc, and the mortises for the stretchers.
20180805_121215.jpg
Cutting the 3 holes was a bit of a struggle. Tried to lay it out so I could cut them before assembly but it didn't work out. Started cutting them with a jig saw but that was a pain so I made the side cuts with my 7 1/4" saw. plunge cutting. Kind of nerve wracking but I've been using that saw for so long I wasn't really worried - just focused. Then to the router table and the flush bit, with the pattern attached. Easy peasy. Now I get to start over on this one.
20180805_121555.jpg

And a special shout out to Dave Richards for his help with the Sketchup drawing. Very generous with his time and much appreciated.
20180805_121738.jpg