Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is this the first Glowforge that has burned to a crisp?

Concentrated energy beam + combustible material + homeowner leaving it unattended...What could possibly go wrong?

More-hot-coffee-warnings-300x174.jpeg
    IBILD High Resolution 3D Scanning Services

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Don't count them out yet, JoAnn fabric invested a lot into the company and they are putting them in their stores and offering them as a service. So now JoAnna fabric is in the laser engraving business with that machine.
    Don't count them out- lol... Kinda reminds me of this story---
    ======================
    Two of nation's oldest retailers set $11B merger. Will lower prices, better merchandise follow?
    November 17, 2004: 6:13 PM EST
    By Parija Bhatnagar, CNN/Money staff writer
    NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Kmart is buying Sears, Roebuck & Co. for $11 billion in a deal that will marry two of the nation's oldest retailers that had trouble keeping up with the changes in American culture around them.

The deal, announced Wednesday morning, will create the third-largest retailer in the country. The new company, known as Sears Holdings, will be based at Sears headquarters outside Chicago.

While the new company will operate both Sears and Kmart stores, "several hundred" Kmarts will be converted to Sears, Sears Chairman Alan Lacy said at a news conference. The companies currently operate about 3,500 stores combined.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Good for JoAnn. One more thing they'll screw up.
    At least we'll all have a place to send those one off customers with drawings on napkins that want $100 worth of your time for $20. I can see myself sending a lot of the "noise" to them
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    At least we'll all have a place to send those one off customers with drawings on napkins that want $100 worth of your time for $20. I can see myself sending a lot of the "noise" to them
    Word...the problem here is that the weekenders will do it for $20, do a slipshod job and customer opinion will be that $100 professional level work is a rip-off especially if the quality is as bad as what the weekender did...Modern moronic perception being what it is today.

Stick to b2b as much as you can...it's no different than the CNC router crowd. Nobody is allowed to tell the garage bands their stuff isn't up to par or that you'd be embarrassed to show that because that might hurt their tender feelings...so all you can do is sit back and cringe. You are not alone.
    IBILD High Resolution 3D Scanning Services

--"weekenders", and many a so-called 'professional' are responsible for a good portion of my customer base
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle