Thread: Waking Ned Devine

Blog Entries

Waking Ned Devine

One of my favorite off beat independent movies, Waking Ned Devine, ends with The Parting Glass, a Celtic drinking song.

Until a few years ago it wasn't available online. Now there is another version that is done amazingly well:

https://peterhollens.com/legendary-v...drinking-song/

Give a listen, my guess is it may bring a lump to your throat or a tear to your eyes.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I loved that movie, watched it twice. And yes the song will bring a tear to your eye.

That was a great movie.
    I laughed myself silly when that phone booth got punted off that cliff. That old lady reminded me of the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz.
    Did you like Saving Grace also?
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Love that movie. I can't bear to watch movies more than once usually, that one I can.

I didn't see the movie. But man-o-man, that group can sure sing! I must've played that 4 times - just beautiful!

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Did you like Saving Grace also?
    Haven't seen it of yet, it was just added to the top of my Netflix queue.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)