Thread: Inquiry Regarding SWAT

Inquiry Regarding SWAT

For those who have never attended or are not aware of the SWAT woodturning symposium in Waco, Texas, this excellent and quite large symposium will be here soon. It takes place on the last weekend of this month (August). It's a great way for a woodturning enthusiast to spend a few days!

My wife and I usually attend, however this year, other commitments will prohibit our attendance. We will be in Waco on Friday the 24th, however. I am considering a visit to the convention center while we are in town. Although we won't have time to attend any of the demonstrations (and therefor we won't be registered) I would like to walk both the gallery and vendor area. I might even be persuaded to part with some cash.

Here's my question and the reason for the post. Without being paid registrants, will we have access to the gallery and vendor booths? Anyone know?
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

The art gallery and vendor area are open to everyone. Registration gets you access to demonstrations, lunch etc.

Dennis said it. To expand a little, the art gallery is usually closed during the demonstration time and a lot of vendors do not man their area during the demos, but there are still things to roam around and some outside the demos to visit. It is truly worth visiting on the "cheap" without paying registration. One can usually buy a lunch ticket also to help make the visit easier. I have had several friends drive down from the Fort Worth area to visit with me but they wanted to see some of the art and vendor area. Makes a good day trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Canfield View Post
    Dennis said it. To expand a little, the art gallery is usually closed during the demonstration time and a lot of vendors do not man their area during the demos, but there are still things to roam around and some outside the demos to visit. It is truly worth visiting on the "cheap" without paying registration. One can usually buy a lunch ticket also to help make the visit easier. I have had several friends drive down from the Fort Worth area to visit with me but they wanted to see some of the art and vendor area. Makes a good day trip.
    Actually, the Instant Gallery and vendors are open during the demonstration times. I usually skip one or two demonstrations so that I can visit the vendors and IG without the big crowd. And, I'm not alone, there is a fair number of people who enjoy the quiter time to visit with the vendors or go through the gallery.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Boehme View Post
    Actually, the Instant Gallery and vendors are open during the demonstration times. I usually skip one or two demonstrations so that I can visit the vendors and IG without the big crowd. And, I'm not alone, there is a fair number of people who enjoy the quiter time to visit with the vendors or go through the gallery.
    I am always in the demos - well, have walked out of one in my 10 + years attendance so will yield to Bill. Still a good deal.