Thread: Air assists and exhaust blower

Air assists and exhaust blower

Hey guys!

We just purchased a epilog mini 18 and super excited to get it installed and up and going! Since we are running this indoors in our home office I’m trying to find a good air assisted compresser that runs the recommended 30psi and an inline or floor blower that is not to loud. I wondering if y’all have a recommendations for these? Would you advise or would it be possible to also build a small sound proof box around this to be able to cut the noise down? Thanks for the help!

This is the compressor I use and it does great. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Quie...SABEgINc_D_BwE Its outside my shop under a cover and you can hardly hear it run. It does cycle a good amount due to the tank size and that causes it to get hot, so combat the heat issue, I pointed the exhaust blower hose at the compressor. It helps keep the heat down which will hopefully make it last longer.

For the exhaust blower, go to harbor freight and get one of their dust collectors. Put it outside next to the compressor and build a box around it. Then point your exhaust hose onto the compressor.
    Universal 60w VLS6.60 w/ rotary
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Fab shop with South Bend Heavy 10, Bridgeport 9x42, 185a welder and a multitude of supporting tools/equipment

Thanks Trey! Would you or anybody else reccomend an aircompresser that we could keep indoors that isn’t to loud? Maybe a reliable airbrush compresser? Or one that has a smaller foot print
    Last edited by squire strahan; 08-02-2018 at 1:06 PM.

I have tried 2 airbrush compressors w/o much success. I also forgot to mention that I have 2 air dryers inline on my system and I change the filters once a month.
    Universal 60w VLS6.60 w/ rotary
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Fab shop with South Bend Heavy 10, Bridgeport 9x42, 185a welder and a multitude of supporting tools/equipment

I use Japanese Nitto MEDO LA-80B, really quite (can check with Android app how many dB). Maybe not the best, but looks like is a working better than Chinese aquarium pump ACO-005 which I previously had. By the specifications they looks similar, but they are different. Nitto is piston operated (spare parts available) and ACO is magnetic/membrane as fair I know.
    Last edited by Wojciech Szul; 08-02-2018 at 6:35 PM.
    Red & Black KH-7050 / 80W EFR F2 / "24mm" head with lens 20/mirror 25mm / extended working area 720x510 | Foison vinyl cutter 2FT wide | Was working on Epilog, Mimaki, Mutoh, Roland, Graphtec, CNCs, laminators etc.

USed a nice quiet top-end airbrush compressor for years, but eventually it did wear out, and barely made 30 lbs. now I cut a lot of 1/16” abs and need at least 40 to cut cleanly, so I have a noisier little 1 gallon Kobalt. It runs about one minute, then off two at 40. You could consider running a hard line in from another room. A box around a compressor is not good, they need air around them or can overheat. It doesn’t bother me much because I only run a weekend every few months now. For exhaust my Fantech from Grainger is quiet and has been going since 2005.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

California Air Tools

http://www.californiaairtools.com/

Very quiet and reliable.
    Epilog Lasers

Thanks you so much for the help! What size tank do you guys recommend or currently running?

The Gast compressor that Epilog sells to go with the Mini18 has been very good for us.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.