Thread: Beale buffing system, WAX Question

Beale buffing system, WAX Question

Hello, I use the Beale Buffing System. I have moved to Renaissance Wax from the wax Beale supplies for my turnings. My question: The existing wax Buffing Wheel has carnauba wax loaded onto it, would Buffing out an item that has had Renaissance Wax applied with a paper towel with a wheel that has wax already on it cause issues?
    Do different waxes play well together? I need this piece to look good for tomorrow night. Should I just buff it with a rag and order a new wax Buffing Wheel? Any suggestions on a good Buffing Wheel to apply wax?
    Thanks in advance, Kevin

A very soft rag will work fine with the Renaissance, but just understand that it only takes a very small amount of Renaissance wax. Using a cloth rag will not take off any "lumps" of dry wax as a buffing wheel might, so one needs to be stingy with the wax - in any event, actually. Then, I would run the carnuba wheel thru the wash and re-purpose it for Ren wax.

Left click my name for homepage link.

Thanks John, Follow up question for John & all buffers. The piece in question has been in storage for a while, wrapped in a T-shirt in a plastic container. Should I just try to buff existing wax or add a little wax and shine it up.
    Thanks, Kevin,

If it was previously buffed with carnauba wax I would just buff what is there. If the piece is coming back to you then you can wipe it off with mineral spirits and rewax with Ren wax.

It was originally done with Renaissance Wax by hand.

Applying more Ren wax will dissolve the existing wax, which is OK so long as you understand that and don't slather on a bunch more. A little dab will do you!