Thread: I.D. and O.D. of Laguna C Flux 1 intake port?

I.D. and O.D. of Laguna C Flux 1 intake port?

Does anyone know the ID and OD of the intake port on a laguna C Flux 1? It is listed as 6" but I need the ID and OD to really know what adapters I could use to connect it to 6" DWV schedule 35 PVC pipe. My plan is to use 6" PVC for as much of the duct work as possible and I would ideally start that with a straight 5' or 6' section connected directly to the C Flux 1 intake port.

Thanks in advance for any help on this, David

ID is 5.8615, OD is 5.92

Quote Originally Posted by David Searles View Post
    Does anyone know the ID and OD of the intake port on a laguna C Flux 1? It is listed as 6" but I need the ID and OD to really know what adapters I could use to connect it to 6" DWV schedule 35 PVC pipe. My plan is to use 6" PVC for as much of the duct work as possible and I would ideally start that with a straight 5' or 6' section connected directly to the C Flux 1 intake port.

Thanks in advance for any help on this, David
    the C Flux 1, the 1.5hp model, finally arrived. Using a digital caliper, I measured the main intake as being
    ID 5.8615"
    D 5.9285".

Also, although I do not presently plan to use it, it comes with a 6" to two 4" adapter for the main intake, the measurements were, I

OD of 6" end of the adapter 6.015

OD of one of the 4" ends of the adapte 3.9605
    ID of one of the 4" ends of the adapter 3.7095

I also just got the C Flux 1 about 2 weeks ago. I opted for the 4 inch DWV pipe for my garage woodturning shop. Total length of longest run is about 15 ft to my lathe. I had been using a shop vac and dust right separator for my dust collection for a couple years. So as far as the suction of the C Flux through the 4 inch pipes, it is enough for my little workshop.
    One thing of note though, I have, at the moment, 3 opening points. One at my lathe in a "big gulp" collector. One at a floor sweep and one flex hose coming out of the second Y at the inlet to transfer between a band saw, table saw and use as a floor vacuum. I have blast gates on the lathe and floor sweep and a cap to use on the flex hose. But if I close any of them my air flow drops. So I run all three open all the time.
    So I guess that is the benefit of the 6 inch pipe.
    I don't plan on changing out to 6 inch in this shop, but if I ever move, that may be an option.
    "Everything will be alright in the end.... If it isn't alright, then it isn't the end!"

Quote Originally Posted by scott ward View Post
    I also just got the C Flux 1 about 2 weeks ago. I opted for the 4 inch DWV pipe for my garage woodturning shop. Total length of longest run is about 15 ft to my lathe. I had been using a shop vac and dust right separator for my dust collection for a couple years. So as far as the suction of the C Flux through the 4 inch pipes, it is enough for my little workshop.
    One thing of note though, I have, at the moment, 3 opening points. One at my lathe in a "big gulp" collector. One at a floor sweep and one flex hose coming out of the second Y at the inlet to transfer between a band saw, table saw and use as a floor vacuum. I have blast gates on the lathe and floor sweep and a cap to use on the flex hose. But if I close any of them my air flow drops. So I run all three open all the time.
    So I guess that is the benefit of the 6 inch pipe.
    I don't plan on changing out to 6 inch in this shop, but if I ever move, that may be an option.
    Hi Scott, how do you think the C-Flux would hold up against a 16" planer on a 13' run? I also have a small shop and I'm trying to decide between the 1.5 vs 2hp units.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kang View Post
    Hi Scott, how do you think the C-Flux would hold up against a 16" planer on a 13' run? I also have a small shop and I'm trying to decide between the 1.5 vs 2hp units.
    Go for the larger unit for use with a wide planer or a J/P for sure. You want maximum air flow for these kinds of machines to avoid debris while cutting wider material and to help avoid any plugging in the duct, especially when planing species that predeceases "fluffy" chips.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I would echo Jim's comment. I went with the smaller unit for space considerations primarily, cost secondarily, and the fact that I am primarily a woodturner. And I use it while sanding on the lathe and for cleanup and to a small degree my table saw and bandsaw. So if you have the resources I would go with the larger unit. With that being said, I would guess the C Flux 1 would manage, but may bog down on larger pieces of wood.
    I haven't used it with my 12" planer yet so I can't comment on how it works with it.
    "Everything will be alright in the end.... If it isn't alright, then it isn't the end!"

Thanks Scott, 2hp sounds like the way to go.