Thread: Today's mini project...a nice, little Corian picture frame

Today's mini project...a nice, little Corian picture frame

My older daughter has her 23rd birthday this Thursday and lost her pet Flemish Giant bunny a couple months ago. (old age) She asked for a framed photo of Rufus to put near his urn, so that was today's mini-project. It was also a good opportunity to practice two sided work. I'm guessing this will fit the bill! (photo is 4" square for reference)

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Nice work Jim. Your really enjoying the Corian. Looks great.

That stuff is a pleasure to cut, Mark. DC isn't as effective because the "chips" tend to be a bit "fluffy", but that's what shop vacs are for. I'm currently working on a prototype for a restaurant table sign with the ability to insert a specials menu on the back. It cuts nicely in wood, but cuts REALLY nicely in Corian. The extra weight means it stays put, too.
    --

Jim,

Consider using two pieces of 1/4" thick Corian for the menu plaque. You can machine each piece so you can slide the menu in a slot at the top. Engrave the restaurants name at the top of the menu holder and some fancy graphics that you can paint fill. Use an adhesive to join both pieces and your home free.

Nice work Dad! Sorry to hear about the loss of Rufus.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Jim,

Consider using two pieces of 1/4" thick Corian for the menu plaque. You can machine each piece so you can slide the menu in a slot at the top. Engrave the restaurants name at the top of the menu holder and some fancy graphics that you can paint fill. Use an adhesive to join both pieces and your home free.
    I did it two-sided with the 1/2" material and it's working out nicely. But the dual 1/4" idea provides some thing else in that each side could be a different color. I'll try a version like that for a sample I may provide to a local place.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Nice work Dad! Sorry to hear about the loss of Rufus.
    Thanks. It was hard when Rufus's time was up, but he had lost so much muscle tone that it was to the point he could only "worm" his way to move around, nor could he clean himself. While he wasn't in pain and was otherwise a happy bunny, "it was time" and Tia, to her credit, made the difficult decision on her own to let him go join my dad "out there" scavenging for carrots.
    --