Thread: Replace Lens - Gravograph LS800

Replace Lens - Gravograph LS800

I have been tasked with finding replacement lens for our Gravograph LS800. I keep hitting dead ends. There is information that was lost a long time ago that I need to find the right one. Does anyone have specs for the lens? The Focal Length was the only thing we could find in the old records. I have a lens company working with me but I need the missing information to track this down.

Here is my missing information:
    Diameter -
    Edge Thickness -
    Is it Plano Convex or Positive Meniscus?

Can anyone help? Please.
    Equipment: Epilog Helix(50W), NewHermes Incorporated Vanguard Laser 2001(25W), Gravograph LS800(30W), GravoGraph GT M40 DV, Ricoh Aflicio SG 7100DN, GeoKnight DK20S
    Software: GravoStyle 5, GravoStyle 8, Adobe Photoshop CS2, CorelDraw
    Business: Engraving, Sublimation, Trophies, Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Misanti View Post
    I have been tasked with finding replacement lens for our Gravograph LS800. I keep hitting dead ends. There is information that was lost a long time ago that I need to find the right one. Does anyone have specs for the lens? The Focal Length was the only thing we could find in the old records. I have a lens company working with me but I need the missing information to track this down.

Here is my missing information:
    Diameter -
    Edge Thickness -
    Is it Plano Convex or Positive Meniscus?

Can anyone help? Please.
    Do you have the old one to measure?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

What did Gravograph say when you contacted them? I see they list lenses in their accessory section on their website. Even if they don't sell your specific lens any more they should at least be able to tell you the specifications.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

GravoGraph never got back to us on this and several other issues. We tried several times. We are also dealing with a rotary engraver start button not working.
    Equipment: Epilog Helix(50W), NewHermes Incorporated Vanguard Laser 2001(25W), Gravograph LS800(30W), GravoGraph GT M40 DV, Ricoh Aflicio SG 7100DN, GeoKnight DK20S

We wanted to be precise. I was hoping someone had the same machine and maybe replaced a lens recently.

They are all Plano convex and you can measure an existing lens or the holder to determine diameter, my guess is that it is 3/4" - 19 or 20mm, I have never seen edge thickness spec'd out for a lens. My guess is whoever you are dealing with knows lenses but not laser engraving machines or they wouldn't be asking for that detailed info. Measure the lens diameter, decide what focal length you want/need, and go to II-VI and order one. They show the edge thickness, and a whole host of other specs that nobody really understands.