Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering a fiber

Ordering a fiber

I’ve been in contact with Ray fine and ready to pull the trigger on a 30w MOPA. When I asked about payment methods, I was asked to pay through alibaba. Is this normal to purchase from them?

Thanks
    Trey
    Universal 60w VLS6.60 w/ rotary
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Fab shop with South Bend Heavy 10, Bridgeport 9x42, 185a welder and a multitude of supporting tools/equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Tull View Post
    I’ve been in contact with Ray fine and ready to pull the trigger on a 30w MOPA. When I asked about payment methods, I was asked to pay through alibaba. Is this normal to purchase from them?

Thanks
    Trey
    I paid with a wire transfer.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    I paid for both mine thru wire transfer also, but I DO know they've been advertising on Alibaba lately and at least some have paid that way. I don't think there is any issue here, in fact it would be $60 cheaper for me as that is what my bank charges for wire transfer.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Thanks for the replies guys.
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Fab shop with South Bend Heavy 10, Bridgeport 9x42, 185a welder and a multitude of supporting tools/equipment

Alibaba have a trade assurance program as well. I used it when I bought my GWeike machine.
    CM1290 130w
    GWeike 150w
    Co2 Galvo 30w

For those of you that have been through this process, what all is necessary (paperwork) to get the laser into the country? I remember seeing a thread on it somewhere but can't find it.

Thanks
    Trey
    Last edited by Trey Tull; 07-31-2018 at 3:13 PM.
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

When I got my fiber laser (from Sign In China) they delivered via TNT, it arrived in about a week and a few days later I got an invoice from TNT to cover the Duty & VAT charges (this was in the UK).
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

Blog Entries
    You should get DHL in US. They will contact you via email, you pay them for their shipping charges/duty thru online system. You need to fill out the FDA form 2877 ( all imported lasers need this) You need Ray Fine's Ascension number. They sent me a page that had all their fibers on it. The number at that time was 1520552-000. Most probably still in force, that was Jan 2015 info I used a year and half ago. That form is sent to DHL and they file it. Then you wait a day or two more to have delivered. Fibers are fairly quick as they are airfreighted in.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

New Member here, I too am looking at the 30W Mopa from Ray fine. Which model did you purchase from them? I know that if you did it has only been a short while, but any feedback if you have already received it?

Have been reading countless threads on here trying to absorb as much information as possible. Thanks to all your regular posters, greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mace View Post
    New Member here, I too am looking at the 30W Mopa from Ray fine. Which model did you purchase from them? I know that if you did it has only been a short while, but any feedback if you have already received it?

Have been reading countless threads on here trying to absorb as much information as possible. Thanks to all your regular posters, greatly appreciated.
    I ended up going with a 30w MOPA. It is currently sitting in Memphis b/c FedEx needs some forms from me. Hopefully it won't take too long to get here.
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Update: My fiber has cleared customs and was scheduled to be delivered yesterday but b/c of Hurricane Flo the laser is still sitting in Memphis. Hopefully next week.
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

I just ordered my 30w ray fine yesterday. Hoping, it goes smoothly. Any advice on why yours got held up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mace View Post
    I just ordered my 30w ray fine yesterday. Hoping, it goes smoothly. Any advice on why yours got held up?
    The major holdup was the JPT-YDFLP-30-M6+-L1 laser source. It took some time to get in. I also have the first fiber that Rayfine has put the Mark While Engraving board in. They didn't have a good understanding on how to make it work, so they ran some tests and made me some videos of how to adjust it.

It spent a week sitting in China waiting on a flight to the US and then spent a few days in customs. Now the hurricane has it backed up.
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

Update... FedEx still has the fiber in their possession. I have called and let them have it twice, so I'm sure its going to be beat to he!! when it finally arrives. For any of you that order a machine from over seas, don't let them ship it via Fedex. They are terrible.
    RayFine 30w MOPA
    Corel X8, Photoshop

If it came FedEx freight how far away is the terminal? Go get it if its not far.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10