Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bright green liquid!?!?!

Is your half bottle of anti freeze the concentrate? And the unknown is what you used to dilute to proper working strength?

John

Blog Entries
    Anti freeze can cause some poor pooch or puddy tat hours of intense agony, until they finally succumb to the poison, if it gets into it somehow.
    My understanding is antifreeze has a sweet taste animals like.

As to the bottle of unknown fluid, take it to waste disposal and remember to label bottles or keep things in their original containers.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

+1 on the Slime tire leak liquid. I had some of that and used on a wheel barrow tire years ago. Had part of an unused container of it also until I cleaned out the shelf a year or so ago.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    Is your half bottle of anti freeze the concentrate? And the unknown is what you used to dilute to proper working strength?

John
    I think you have hit the jackpot. That is the only reasonable answer. It pretty much has to be antifreeze, and I didn't dump in the half bottle because it was dilute.

Now if we can just figure out why I didn't label it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    I think you have hit the jackpot. That is the only reasonable answer. It pretty much has to be antifreeze, and I didn't dump in the half bottle because it was dilute.Now if we can just figure out why I didn't label it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Most likely antifreeze. I would send it to waste .disposal.
    Most likely it is the antifreeze.. But you should still take Bruce and other's advice; pitch it anyway. 99% sure it's antifreeze?? What's the downside if your wrong? What's the advantage if your right? .. .. . Pitch it.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.

Antifreeze is a liquid while slime is a liquid with bits of cellulose floating around in the liquid. If you shake it up Slime will not be a liquid. It will have small clumps floating in the liquid.
    I have read that Slime uses antifreeze as the liquid so it will taste the same as antifreeze. You can make your own Slime by mixing antifreeze and newspaper in a blender.
    Bill D.

Blog Entries
    Dawn dish washing detergent for washing your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Orbine View Post
    What does the ol' nose say?
    But be careful about inhaling deeply! Mr Clean is a bright neon green.

99% sure it's antifreeze?? What's the downside if your wrong?
    Back in 1982, I told my father in law I needed some anti freeze. He gave me a (unlabeled) jug he had in the garage. It was a nasty brown color but he assured me it was top shelf anti freeze - the exact same stuff they put in the vehicles at the steel plant where he worked.
    I used it in my wife's Camero.

On the way to work, all of a sudden all this nasty mayonnaise type stuff came blasting out from under the hood like white lava & steam was billowing out everywhere.

Turns out it was waste oil my fat brother in law had stuck in the garage.

$200 worth of radiator flush and 6 hours of working in the 30 degree weather later....
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Back in the 70s there was an antifreeze shortage and the high school had bought barrels of it to sell for a fund raiser. My boss bought a barrel and used it in some of his equipment and sold some to his employees I didn't get any but I sure was glad as it ate the Aluminum parts and we had to replace a lot of water pumps so did the guys that used it.

I have a soda bottle half full of a fluorescent green fluid. I didn't label it and have no idea what it might be, except it almost certainly is automotive?
    It seems pretty watery, but I have a half empty bottle of antifreeze, so it probably isn't that. I also found brake fluid and PS fluid, so those aren't likely.
    I don't find any windshield wiper fluid; could that be bright green? How could I tell? Mix some with water and see if they separate?

Getting old is a b......
    https://www.google.com/search?q=pred...MDcyXENlBlQHM:

Advance Auto Parts will properly dispose of anti-freeze at no charge.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I have a soda bottle half full of a fluorescent green fluid....
    Do you mean it is a "fluorescent" green color in white light or it fluoresces brightly under UV light?

Can you see through it, is it translucent, or is it nearly opaque?

Is it low or high viscosity? (watery or thick like molasses?)

Does it smell like antifreeze, tire sealant? (never stick your nose over an unknown substance and inhale; instead waft vapor gently toward you with your hand the way they teach in chemistry lab, or used to.)

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    Do you mean it is a "fluorescent" green color in white light or it fluoresces brightly under UV light?

Can you see through it, is it translucent, or is it nearly opaque?

Is it low or high viscosity? (watery or thick like molasses?)

Does it smell like antifreeze, tire sealant? (never stick your nose over an unknown substance and inhale; instead waft vapor gently toward you with your hand the way they teach in chemistry lab, or used to.)

JKJ
    Back in #19 I concluded it was diluted antifreeze.

So it turns out PAG oil (Polyalkylene Glycol oil) used in R134a A/C systems may also be bright green and feels a lot like antifreeze on your fingers when dripping off the bottom of you car. Which is really confusing when your antifreeze is orange. Makes for an expensive repair too, even when you DIY.