Thread: Spalted Hackberry Hollow form with Acrylic Finial

Spalted Hackberry Hollow form with Acrylic Finial

I haven't posted in a while, so I just finished this Spalted Hackberry Hollow form with an Acrylic Finial. It is 6" wide and 9" overall with the finial in place. It has aqua streaks in the spalting that showed up after the DNA bath. The finish Is pre-cat lacquer.
    Sorry for the picture from my phone as I was too lazy to set up the photo tent and lights, so you can't see much detail, which is maybe a good thing. lol Comments are always welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

I do love hollow forms and that one is a beaut!!! Very well done, love the finial!!

Nice form and finial (especially with a name like Glass!)

I've turned a bunch of acrylic and love it. Have you tried any with color? (Most of mine is in the form of 1.5" diam cast rods in a variety of colors.

JKJ

John,
    I never have used colored acrylic, but I have been dyeing some pieces of finials from wood lately with moderate success.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.