Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Litefire Laser

Litefire Laser

I recently purchased a cheap Chinese 2W laser engraver and assembled it. However, when I test the software, the Y axis moves but when I am attempting to actually burn something, it won't move at all. When I try to do a text only burn with it, the Y axis motors move, but everything comes out burned backwards. It uses Litefire Laser software. Can anyone help me with suggestions on why it's doing this? I would greatly appreciate it.

One issue might be the polarity of the stepper is reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    One issue might be the polarity of the stepper is reversed.
    How would I check that? I'm new to this type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wolford View Post
    How would I check that? I'm new to this type of thing.
    Jeff this is really not a DIY or builders group you would be better off using Google to find people who are.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Jeff this is really not a DIY or builders group you would be better off using Google to find people who are.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, Bill, but this is the Engraving Hardware and Software thread. I'm trying to determine if this is a hardware or software issue and every other forum I've checked is either out of date or doesn't cover what I'm looking for.

Jeff, being quite honest mate, unless you have a fair bit of laser experience I would avoid anything remotely near 445nm lasers...they blind for fun and the damage they do is permanent
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Jeff, being quite honest mate, unless you have a fair bit of laser experience I would avoid anything remotely near 445nm lasers...they blind for fun and the damage they do is permanent
    Dave, what exactly are you talking about? I have a DIY 2W laser and trying to resolve a problem. Did you read the start of this thread? What gave you the idea that I had anything else?

Is there a reverse or Stamp feature in your software??? that will reverse the image as if you were engraving on the back of an acrylic or name plate so to read right from the front...
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sipes View Post
    Is there a reverse or Stamp feature in your software??? that will reverse the image as if you were engraving on the back of an acrylic or name plate so to read right from the front...
    There's an Invert and a Flip, but that's only half the problem. The Y Axis stepper won't move when I try to burn an image. It only moves when burning text or when I do a manual test with the software.

2W lasers are usually 445's, likely the most dangerous wavelength available to private citizens
    You did what !

Thanks for clarifying that. It still doesn't help my problem and I have PPE.

There should be a 'gap', aka "Y-resolution" setting in the software for rastering- Or 'lines per inch' or 'dots per inch', not sure how it would be referred to, BUT-- if that setting is set for "0", and the software doesn't supply an error message to that effect, then it seems to me the Y axis wouldn't move, and would explain why it DOES move during vectoring...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wolford View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, Bill, but this is the Engraving Hardware and Software thread. I'm trying to determine if this is a hardware or software issue and every other forum I've checked is either out of date or doesn't cover what I'm looking for.
    Yes you are wrong. This is not a builders Forum for Chinese DIY laser kits. You attacked Dave and he is one of the guys on here who knows more about anything connected with lasers and was just trying to help you. The blue light laser you are attempting to build is exactly what he says it is. Please do not come on here and demand help and get ticked when someone offers help that does not help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Yes you are wrong. This is not a builders Forum for Chinese DIY laser kits. You attacked Dave and he is one of the guys on here who knows more about anything connected with lasers and was just trying to help you. The blue light laser you are attempting to build is exactly what he says it is. Please do not come on here and demand help and get ticked when someone offers help that does not help you.
    Bill, first I asked for help and said that any would be appreciated. I didn't demand anything. Second, I had no idea what Dave was talking about and he clarified it, to which I thanked him for that. The problem that I'm having is a software issue and this is the only active forum which was able to find for such things, and I posted in the correct thread.

So if you're going to attack me by taking bits and pieces of everything, at least assemble it in the correct order and then present it in a reasonable fashion.
    Last edited by Jeff Wolford; 07-26-2018 at 7:11 PM.

I will let the Moderators deal with this.