Thread: Arkansas/Oklahoma border today

Arkansas/Oklahoma border today

IMG_0613.jpg Lovely evening in my home town.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Yow! Does that happen often?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Yow! Does that happen often?
    Same here almost, 104, Near Tulsa. Thankfully, not normal, rare occurrence. Even worse, the heat index is about 10deg higher!
    S

But it's a dry heat! Yeah right, that's just plain hot.

As Ken said it's thankfully uncommon. Actually the humidity wasn't too high so the feel like temperature was only 111 or so. I was out in the garage earlier in the afternoon working on the sidecar rig and as long as I kept the fan blowing it was bearable.
    As Johnny Carson once said "the bad news is that in time the sun will go supernova and the earths surface will rise to over a million degrees. The good news is that it will be a dry heat" . I miss Johnny
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Hottest Week of the Year Starts Monday

LAST UPDATED: July 20, 2018 7:03pm

The high in Phoenix was 109 on Friday.
    There's a slight chance for isolated thunderstorms in the Valley overnight on Friday but any activity would be very widespread and short-lived. After that, the main weather story going into next week will be extreme heat. The National Weather Service has already issued Excessive Heat Warnings for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Our forecast highs shape up like this: Monday 115 degrees, Tuesday 117 and Wednesday 115 again. Temperatures should drop a couple more degrees after Wednesday dropping us out of the high danger area.
    It's likely we'll also be setting some daily records for a few of those dates. And it's also likely that somewhere around the state, early next week, we'll see a 120.
    Hot.jpg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

A week ago, I was cleaning the barn and dumped some metal scraps in an empty water tub until I could make room for them in the rack. They were out there in the afternoon sun for perhaps 30 minutes. The temp was only about 93, but we had a clear dry day with no haze. I could not pick up the pieces of scrap metal, even with gloves. I can't imagine what it is like out where you folks live. Do you throw sheets and towels over the seats and driving wheel of the car?