Thread: Laser Recommendation

Laser Recommendation

Looking for what laser would work best for a hollowing device.

made one my self and used these best thing is they are 5V so I used a old cell phone charger works great

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-Red-D...LH_TitleDesc=0

If you choose the three volt ones you can use 2 AA batteries which last a very long time. Follow this link for 10 for $1.61 https://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-650nm...sid=m570.l1313

Bob not sure how stuck you are on a laser but I hardly ever use mine anymore. I think if you get set up right a video camera is the way to go. Search this site for lots and lots of information. For me the thing that turned me around was the ability to mount and leave the monitor in place so set up time is easily as fast as setting up my laser.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Another vote for a camera set up over laser. Used a laser for 10 years, switched to camera 2 years ago.

You guys beat me to it. The best laser is no laser. Trent Bosch Visualizer or build your own.

I have the camera and laser. Get the camera setup.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.