Hello,

I have a few questions regarding clear vue's dust collection 1800 or Max. Currently I am running partially on a HF unit that kind of works but I feel was worth the dollars as something is better than nothing but I am looking to upgrade.

I can go in to my situation but I did post that on a different thread so if needed I can do that again?

1. People have mentioned that they have had great luck with them and answering questions. I am wondering if perhaps I need direction to another support person. I sent an email 2 weeks ago. I got a response saying to call them about 4 days later which I did and had a nice conversation. She needed some additional information which I provided the next day and that is the last I have heard from them. I have written and called back a few times now and still have not heard back again. Any suggestions? Maybe they went out of business for all i know.

2. I have a port to the outside current where I had thought about extracting the fines that way. She had some thoughts about this that the air you extract will need to be made up so where I live it is extremes both hot and cold (ND). I heat however, far more than cool. Is this really a big issue? When you make a cut do you generally leave it run for a long period of time after the cut? Maybe I am using what i have incorrectly is why i ask as I generally make the cut and it runs for another 30 seconds maybe before I turn it off.

3. She was recommending the filters for the reason above but I am looking for less maintenance. These filters would be in a small room under some steps is my hope. How often do they need cleaning/replacing? (Hopefully it would fit under these steps that is part of what I am waiting on them for)

4. I feel like skipping the filters and extracting outside is the best idea with less risk to reintroduce the dust back in to the air. Thoughts?

5. I was looking at using this stuff for the main line if I pull the trigger. Will this stuff work ok? I know some will suggest going metal but this is a bit of a stretch on the budget already so looking to save some dollars without sacrificing performance it seems. https://www.menards.com/main/plumbin...72322&ipos=100

6. on a different but similar note. I have an AFS-1000b. Where do folks get there filters for this? Can they be reused and which do you recommend? This unit still relevant in peoples opinion if i were to get a new DC?

If i were to do this upgrade my goal would be to lessen my risk of any additional lung damage (i have some nodules current and don't want them worsening or adding to the number) and have a cleaner dust free space to work in. In addition, i would love to be able to have some downdraft tables where I could possibly minimize the use of shop vacs(so noisy and always need cleaning). Also, i would hope that by upgrading I could get away without risk of wearing my mask less. Can all this be accomplished?

Thanks again for the help.