Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intro to Felder's Customer Support Page

I have the Hammer jointer/planer A3 31. It smoked briefly before I quickly pulled the plug. The smoke came from the back center of the machine. I pulled the back off but don't see anything. The motor does not smell. I cleaned what I could and, when I tried to run it again it turns on but slowly. Rather than stress the motor, I turned it back off.
    In the past, at startup, it would sometimes spin slowly for a few seconds, but would then quickly get up to speed. Now, it does not. Suggestions?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Alan Kalker; 11-28-2019 at 1:27 AM.

Sounds like either the start or run capacitor................Regards, Rod.

I think this is figured out now. I was doing a long run and I think some sawdust and grease started smoking. The machine needed to be cleaned and regreased so I did that. When I tried to turn it back on I was a bit stressed about this and forgot to hold the start button down and it caused my breaker to flip. I let it alone overnight and turned it on normally this morning and it is running fine. Ran through some wood for 30 minutes and no problems. Note to self: clean this more often.

4. That must be a relief because a new Felder motor might get expensive. Years ago, I had a guy in a motor rebuild shop tell me that all new motors are made with smoke inside the housing. Once you let the smoke out, it will quit working.

I am an expecting Felder CF741 owner. I'm wondering if the motors are CE standard or proprietary.

I am also wondering if there is another felder forum. It looks like there was one somehow attached to Festool but split off in 2015. The link I found is a dead end.

Here is the Felder group previous on Yahoo groups...

groups.io /g/ felderownersgroup (remove spaces)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Smith 101 View Post
    That must be a relief because a new Felder motor might get expensive. Years ago, I had a guy in a motor rebuild shop tell me that all new motors are made with smoke inside the housing. Once you let the smoke out, it will quit working.

I am an expecting Felder CF741 owner. I'm wondering if the motors are CE standard or proprietary.

I am also wondering if there is another felder forum. It looks like there was one somehow attached to Festool but split off in 2015. The link I found is a dead end.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 12-17-2019 at 5:43 PM. Reason: Removed direct link to another forum

Those that did not know - there is a new Felder forum page for help - that I am checking every day, every other day.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....up-USA-Support

All the best