Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro to Felder's Customer Support Page

Question Intro to Felder's Customer Support Page

Good Day Creek!

My name is Bacari Vann and I head the customer support department over at Felder Group USA in New Castle, DE. We've decided to create this page as a direct-to-client contact for any woodworking questions you may have as well as machine questions.

**PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE NO PRICING INFO DISCUSSED THRU THIS PAGE BUT I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO CONNECT YOU TO YOUR RESPECTIVE AREA REPRESENTATIVES**

Our PM box on the Saw Mill Creek site is open for all inquiries. Please feel free to use (not abuse ) us as a reliable source. We look forward to hearing from you guys, All the best!

Bacari Vann
    Customer Support
    https://www.felder-group.com/us-us
    Last edited by Bacari Vann; 07-18-2018 at 11:59 AM.

You will be able to find list pricing if you register on our site, if you have not already. For in-depth quotations, I would be more than happy to get you in contact with your area representative
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 07-19-2018 at 9:04 AM.

Please keep the discussion on topic, its woodworking and machine questions.

Blog Entries
    Hi

I have a CF741 and am interested in using the shaper for pattern shaping. It's unclear to me what I need in order to shape curved pieces. If I buy a Bowmouldmaster shaper hood, what other pieces do I need to go with it? I have purchased a set of guide rings. Do I also need the Aigner Curve Shaping Stop? If not, what's the purpose of the stop?

I also see the Euro Curve Shaping Guard. How does it differ from the Bowmouldmaster? What's the advantage of one over the other?

Thanks,

Mike King

I am second to Mike question , Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    Hi

I have a CF741 and am interested in using the shaper for pattern shaping. It's unclear to me what I need in order to shape curved pieces. If I buy a Bowmouldmaster shaper hood, what other pieces do I need to go with it? I have purchased a set of guide rings. Do I also need the Aigner Curve Shaping Stop? If not, what's the purpose of the stop?

I also see the Euro Curve Shaping Guard. How does it differ from the Bowmouldmaster? What's the advantage of one over the other?

Thanks,

Mike King

Good Day Mike (& Eduard),

Thank you for reaching out with this inquiry. Below is a list of part numbers you will need for the two styles of shaper hoods -

Aigner Brand:
    01.0.281 (for 30mm spindle)
    01.0.282 (for 1 1/4" spindle)

Felder Brand:
    400-610
    400-611

To give a quick comparison, the Aigner Bowmouldmaster provides for more accuracy when it comes to utilizing the curved shaping stop with the incremental scale milled into the stop. The Felder would require manually adjusting where the curve stop sits in comparison to your cutter.

**Please note, Felder models 2014 and after are prepared to take the Aigner hood. Models before may need to have holes milled into the cast iron**

If you have any additional questions, dont hesistate to give us a call @ 866-792-5288! All the best! -- Bacari Vann

I have a pre X-roll KF700S that does not support a dado blade. Are there parts or updates available to make it so that it would support a US style dado or Felder's dado equivalent?

Hi Travis!

Felder does a great job of supporting their machines through many years of changes and updates. After looking into your machine series, the option to retrofit a dado arbor is not possible. Other clients that have expressed interest in this update have found the slotting blade, (03.0.030) to be a helpful substitute, it has a 5mm kerf and of course has flat teeth. We hope this is helpful to your woodworking too! All the best! -- Bacari Vann
    Last edited by Bacari Vann; 07-19-2018 at 2:39 PM.

I have a 2009 CF741S with a 4 knife cutter block. After using several spiral planers and jointers at the Krenov School, I'd like to change to a spiral head. Since Felder will not sell their silent power cutter block, what other options are there? Does Byrd make a spiral head for this machine?

Buying a new CF741 with the spiral cutter block is not an option.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'd contact Mac Campshure -- I believe he represents Byrd and has tremendous experience with the Felder machines. Are you on the Felder Users Group?

Blog Entries
    So question for Felder -- I've never understood the difference between your grooving cutters and slot cutters for the shaper -- which do I use when?

Hi Mike, some of the cutters are built like a rip blade with no scoring cutters, they're great for fully enclosed deep slots in solid material.

For tenoning, grooving or rebating in solid or man made material I use the cutters with scoring cutters.

I purchased a 30mm spindle for my shaper so that I could share tooling between saw and shaper...........regards, Rod.

13. Hello Bacari. I have sent you an email. I thought I would also try this method of contact. Thank you for taking questions for Felder machinery. I own a K 700 S with Power drive. I have a question referencing setting the blade height for grooves and dados. Is there a way to set the blade height electronically to zero when the blade is flush with the tabletop. If I can establish that position as zero then I can raise the blade with the machines electronics to the desired height.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Alan larocque@sonic.net

Felder Customer Service

This could be a great help from Felder but unfortunately no replies from Bacari since the 19th. This is exactly the pattern I see in dealing with Felder. I also sent Bacari a PM on the 26th but no acknowledgment or answer to questions.

Maybe he is on vacation.

Dan

Felder Customer Service

Just to let you all know I did get a reply from Bacari. I am standing by for a support person to contact me.
    Dan