Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tannewitz quadrant

Back to the regular scheduled program ... Does anybody have a Tannewitz Slider with or without quadrant???

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Mattingley View Post
    Back to the regular scheduled program ... Does anybody have a Tannewitz Slider with or without quadrant???
    I’ll take this one step further. Is anybody looking for a PK or PP quadrant, Tannewitz quadrant or something in between?

Yes Dave you’re on the list for something in between.

I will be lending out a checking fixture for those interested with a returnable deposit.

If the mods feel this is breaking the rules, I’m fine with you closing this thread.

Those that only partake at 0WWM only are SOL. I will advance this offer to CWWM too....

Next I am developing the PK overhead guard castings...
    Last edited by Matt Mattingley; 07-26-2018 at 1:06 AM.

Checking fixture is complete. I have a couple more pins to spin for the Wadkin PK and the PP. Hopefully I’ll finish off the shipping box tomorrow.
    6220568E-163B-40C4-90EF-7AB261B26F2B.jpg

Checking picture is complete.Those interested in a quadrant. Please send me a PM.
    94A97AE8-CB12-4D41-AA20-2DD9ACCFF80F.jpg

Very nice!
    Looks like a fair amount of time and work invested in that Matt.
    Some day soon I hope to get my PK back together, that we corresponded about around 5-6 years ago, so when you do get around to making quadrants I can take advantage. Hopefully I haven’t fallen off the back of the list.

The fixture is making its rounds through the USA right now. It’s going to casting next Friday. If this is on your wish list let me know.

This checking fixture will check the PK and PP. When I pick up that Tannewitz quadrant castings, I’ll be putting in an order for Wadkin.

So here’s the update. It went out for casting the middle of December and I picked up January 30th. January 31st I took on a pretty big contract that lasted till April 26th.

So... the castings have been sitting ageing for the last 2 1/2 months.

A patient five few, that I left in limbo, I am back at it. Thank you for your patience.

and here is the boring eight minute video of the roughing to establish a square reference faces.

Last edited by Matt Mattingley; 05-02-2019 at 12:36 PM.

I don’t why I can’t see the pictures i’ve posted. The software is giving me a kickback....

Keith has a post indicating as of yesterday only contributors can see pictures. He says next it will only be subscribers . . .

BTW, impressive work. Do i need a Wadkin to make it useful? Or will it be functional on a cabinet saw??

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Mattingley View Post
    So here’s the update. It went out forecasting middle of December and I picked up January 30th. January 31st I took on a pretty big contract that lasted till April 26th.

So... the castings have been sitting ageing for the last 2 1/2 months.

A patient five few, that I left in limbo, I am back at it. Thank you for your patience.

and here is the boring eight minute video of the roughing to establish a square reference faces.

Pretty funny CNC.

Seems to be a rare Grey Bearded Shop Monkey turning some dial thingies

Good work Matt, nice to see.

I had a Creeker visit this week with Jeff Bartley, he has an Oliver saw......Rod.

The Tannewitz quandrant looks identical to the Oliver!

Really cool work Matt. The set up jig you sent out is most impressive. Have you considered working on a quandrant extension of sorts? Something that could function as an auxiliary fence and positive stop? Every time I use my saw I think about it.

Your ears (and Jacks) must have been burning the other night; Rod had great things to say about both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post
    The Tannewitz quandrant looks identical to the Oliver!

Really cool work Matt. The set up jig you sent out is most impressive. Have you considered working on a quandrant extension of sorts? Something that could function as an auxiliary fence and positive stop? Every time I use my saw I think about it.

Your ears (and Jacks) must have been burning the other night; Rod had great things to say about both of you.
    They are identical.

Rod is a pretty good mate. He is one of the good guys. When time allows I try to meet up with him for breakfast 6-12 times a year.

And here’s a little more.
    Last edited by Matt Mattingley; 05-02-2019 at 1:37 PM.