Thread: Hammer K3 79x48 size question.

Hammer K3 79x48 size question.

Can someone out there with a Hammer K3 79x48 tell me how much room the sliding table takes up when it's in the locked / neutral position? That is, what's the "overhang" front and back caused by the table when locked? I'm looking to buy this model, but I want to know how much the slider will intrude on my shop space when I'm not actively using the saw. I already have all the other dimensions, such as total travel distance of the slider, overall width, etc. This is the only dimension I think I'm missing!

Thanks,
    Steve
    And there was trouble, taking place...

I can measure when I get home.

Thanks. I read somewhere today that the front overhang might be something like 2 feet when the table is in the idle position. I guess that would leave only like 15" or so of the table behind the saw, which will work well for me.

Can you also get me the measurements for the parts below the sliding table that stick out in front and in back of the main base? I know on the 79" model there is more "track" for the slider than on the 48" or 31" models, which makes sense given the size of the table. But that means that when the table is pushed all the way to the rear of the saw, there's some of that "track" sticking out the front (and vice versa for the rear). I wonder how much space that track takes up.

Thanks!

Are you talking about the outrigger support underneath the sliding table? With the sliding platform thingie off, the outrigger support tucks up under tightly and sticks with a magnet. It doesn't really stick out much at all if the table is off.

Note that you can slide the table along the rail attachment point before you screw it down, so this is adjustable. ie: if the main slide table rail is locked, the sliding table attaches to the side of that with two big bolts/tnuts and it can itself slide around relative to the table. The table platform is about 30" by 20" or so. So that 20 odd inches into your main shop space. The main rail is 11" wide left of the blade, so all told it's about 3' out. I am about to go put some padding on the end of the forward crosscut fence on mine since I walk by it a lot when I come into the garage... err. shop.

Obviously the throw range is 79" (It's actually 2M, but who uses those?).

When I bought mine (h/t John) the previous owner had actually modified it to use the shorter fence rail, so I effectively had a 79x36. So far I've seen no reason to change it. It means you can use a narrower configuration of the saw than you'd think if you get the shorter rails. I never really rip pieces wider than that without using the table, which means I can save a foot off the OTHER side of the blade.

Rough measurements my from my C3-31 with 79 inch slider:

Rough measurements from my C3-31 with 79 inch slider:

When locked, 23 inches on infeed end, 24 inches on outfeed end.

When table is slid to outfeed end, the track extends 15 inches on the infeed end.

When table is slid to infeed end, the track extends 16 inches on the outfeed end.

When table is slid to infeed end, the

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hubbard View Post
    Rough measurements from my C3-31 with 79 inch slider:

When locked, 23 inches on infeed end, 24 inches on outfeed end.

When table is slid to outfeed end, the track extends 15 inches on the infeed end.

When table is slid to infeed end, the track extends 16 inches on the outfeed end.
    Those are the numbers I'm looking for. Hmmm, that 24" on the outfeed is a bit much, but I think it will be okay. Thanks!

I just measured also the panel support table that clips on to the side of the slide. the main table is 20 deep and 30" wide, then the cross cut fence sticks out another 8" beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Springer View Post
    I just measured also the panel support table that clips on to the side of the slide. the main table is 20 deep and 30" wide, then the cross cut fence sticks out another 8" beyond that.
    Are you referring to this? http://us.feldershop.com/en-US/en-US...e-Extends.html

Note: I made a new post asking for advice on which slider to get: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....mmer-K3-to-get