Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading Laguna bandsaw from the 1412 to the 14bx 2.5hp: a not so little problem

Laguna is trying to dig its way out from under an avalanche of bad customer service reviews in recent years. I'm guessing that is the reason why they replaced a table top so readily.

If I buy a Harbor Freight anything .... meh, you get what you pay for and you know going in that part of the dealio is ballpark tolerances.
    If I buy a new Luguna (or any other "premium" brand machine) pretty much anything other than all parts being manufactured correctly is unacceptable.

Glad Laguna quickly sent a replacement part.
    Even greater customer service is the kind you never have to call.

Right or wrong, credibility takes a long time to rebuild once you've lost it. I hope they realize that and keep at it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Laguna is trying to dig its way out from under an avalanche of bad customer service reviews in recent years. I'm guessing that is the reason why they replaced a table top so readily.
    Laguna seems to have a bio rhythm with CustomerService over the years. It goes south and they get a lot of bad press for a year or so, They turn it around and things go well for a while and then the cycle repeats. Every time they recover I hope it’s the end of the cycle :-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Laguna seems to have a bio rhythm with CustomerService over the years. It goes south and they get a lot of bad press for a year or so, They turn it around and things go well for a while and then the cycle repeats. Every time they recover I hope it’s the end of the cycle :-)
    The paradigm shift seems to come with the shift to dealer based sales and seems to have been good since then which has been 3 years or so. My theory is when the people that answer the phones no longer had their primary job being sales helped. That along with the greater inventory of parts they had to keep to service many more machines and the pressure of having to keep dealers with the buying power of Woodcraft and Rockler happy enough to keep them in the showroom changed the corporate mentality. Beyond the actual desire to have good CS the thing that always concerned me about Laguna machines (beyond their ACM build bandsaws) was the product line was never stable. They changed product lines often and it would be near impossible to continue to support them into the future given their volume at the time. Now the product line seems to have stabilized which bodes better for continued support. In the end, finding complaints of poor CS from Laguna is very rare in the last 3 years compared to the previous 10. They seem particularly good with their current Asian bandsaw line.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.