Thread: Any Prime Day scores?

Any Prime Day scores?

For the 2nd or 3rd year in a row, I've seen nothing worthwhile in tools. Anyone find anything worth purchasing?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Jim Mackell
    Arundel, ME

Bosch Flexiclick for $120. The majority of the decent tool deals I saw were on Bosch. I have been waiting to get a Flexiclick for under $150 since they came to the US but they stayed around $170. There were some decent Wera prices but they are still cheaper on German Amazon so the Flexiclick was it for me.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Bosch Flexiclick for $120. The majority of the decent tool deals I saw were on Bosch. I have been waiting to get a Flexiclick for under $150 since they came to the US but they stayed around $170. There were some decent Wera prices but they are still cheaper on German Amazon so the Flexiclick was it for me.
    That was the best deal Id seen IMO. Unfortunately I already had one. Think I paid $154 for mine though.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

One item that was no big deal for $31.92. A set of Wera Precision screwdrivers that was basically the same $39 regular Prime or Amazon.de so 20% made it a deal but only because I was going to buy them soon anyway.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ODV0PI...748420_TE_item

Agreed - the Bosch and the Wera micro set were most intriguing, and the Wera only for the same reason Greg mentioned. I got a cheap socket set for that I was going to get soon anyways so a few dollars off.

Otherwise nothing to write home about. Ebay’s 25 off 119 actually more intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    Ebay’s 25 off 119 actually more intriguing.
    eBay has had some great deals in the last 6 weeks, 20% off, 15% off and this 25 off 119.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I need a 20% off eBay to come along. I could do the $25 but 20% would mean greater overall savings for what I need to get my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    eBay has had some great deals in the last 6 weeks, 20% off, 15% off and this 25 off 119.
    For sure. It looks like they're gradually replacing the Ebay bucks promos with the coupons. At least it seems that way to me. These last two July promos are in direct competition to Prime Day. Usually Ebay is quieter with the discounts during the first month of the quarter.

No prime day scores. But I grabbed a Dewalt DW735X (extra blades and tables) for $499 on July 4th with prime shipping. Also, makita leaf blower with (4) 5.0A batteries and a dual charger for $329. I needed batteries for other tools so this was like a free leaf blower! The blower is what surprised me the most, super powerful and makes blowing off driveway and patio super easy!

I scored some am/fm, mp3 hearing protection. Normally 60.00 for 39.99. Not a bad deal

There were no prime deals to score. The sales at the borgs and the typical WW sellers were better.

Quote Originally Posted by William Chain View Post
    There were no prime deals to score. The sales at the borgs and the typical WW sellers were better.
    Depends on what you wanted, the Flexiclick was the cheapest I have seen it anywhere since it was introduced here about 9-10 months ago. There were deals, and many of the best ones didn't last long. I agree Prime Day has been overall a disappointment (tool wise) since it began and it does take some effort to separate the wheat from the chaff.

These sales games, and the way the site changed for two days, were just annoying. The deals weren't great. For the first time in a very long time, I went two days without buying anything on Amazon.

Blog Entries
    I got two sets of 1/2” Irwin pipe clamps. The ones that don’t need threaded pipe. For$8.99 each set. I have two 36” pipes lying around so the way I saw it, I’ll end up with two more 36” clamps for 18$. Not too bad