Thread: Multi-material Glue Question for Segmented Work

Multi-material Glue Question for Segmented Work

Todays question has to do with epoxy glues. For years I have used SystemIII T88 epoxy as my go to epoxy for everything including segmenting acrylics to metals and wood. I have used JB-Weld 8280 epoxy for metal to metal mostly.

My question is I want to do some segmenting work using brass to brass, aluminum to aluminum and combination of both. The ideas I have will have a high pucker factor when being turned. Not worried about drilling.

Is there a stronger epoxy weather a one part or a two part stronger than JB-Weld and if so what is it and where to get it???. Have you had hands on experience with it??? Can it be tinted black if it does not come black??? With todays advancements in every area I just thought I would throw it out here. I know from watching this site that there are not many segmenters and not many that use metals but maybe in the auto industry or aviation industry there maybe a product worthy of a try. Thanks for the feedback.
    John T.

thank the mods for moving this thread so now I get no responses. Great job
    John T.

I use a lot of Locktite 330 epoxy for mounting metal to metal vibration pads. It is the strongest epoxy I have ever used. It is a no mix with an activator. Sets in a couple minutes and cures 24-48 hrs. Not cheap but works well.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by John Terefenko View Post
    thank the mods for moving this thread so now I get no responses. Great job
    John, I would suggest you post a similar thread in General Woodworking, but exclude the words indicating it pertains to turning. I am sure that is what got it moved and there are legitimate reasons for that policy.

Left click my name for homepage link.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Hine View Post
    I use a lot of Locktite 330 epoxy for mounting metal to metal vibration pads. It is the strongest epoxy I have ever used. It is a no mix with an activator. Sets in a couple minutes and cures 24-48 hrs. Not cheap but works well.

Phil

Thanks Phil. I will take a look at it.
    John T.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    John, I would suggest you post a similar thread in General Woodworking, but exclude the words indicating it pertains to turning. I am sure that is what got it moved and there are legitimate reasons for that policy.

It is not a woodworking question. It is about gluing metals to metals. I incorporated that I probably will be turning the final results but maybe not. Depends how I can make the project. I have seen other questions like this in Off Topic.
    John T.