Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To spindle or not to spindle: Quality vs. Cost

Bob, If your looking for your Camaster fix ; Im located in Palmyra Wi. I am running 2 routers and a spindle on my machine. Feel free to shoot me an email. nelsonwoodcrafters@yahoo.com if you would like to see them in operation. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan nelson View Post
    Bob, If your looking for your Camaster fix ; Im located in Palmyra Wi. I am running 2 routers and a spindle on my machine. Feel free to shoot me an email. nelsonwoodcrafters@yahoo.com if you would like to see them in operation. Dan
    That's a really good idea...with the X-3 you can demonstrate the differences between a spindle and a router "live", including the sound level thing.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Or.... watch this: https://youtu.be/n-RIrxtZJys
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

My own personal opinion is that anyone that would purchase (or sell) a US made handheld router over a Chinese spindle for a few more dollars is just wrong!

Apologies in advance to my friends at the various CNC MFGRs who feel having a US made product is a good thing, and it may well be, but there is no real comparison, ANY spindle is much better than the best of hand held routers.
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

Thanks Dan....that's a kind offer.....I have an acquaintance in Palmyra and have also bought steel from Pal Steel in the past. I will contact you at some point.
    thanks, bob

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Campbell View Post
    Or.... watch this: https://youtu.be/n-RIrxtZJys
    clearly the spindle is quieter....thanks Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Campbell View Post
    My own personal opinion is that anyone that would purchase (or sell) a US made handheld router over a Chinese spindle for a few more dollars is just wrong!

Apologies in advance to my friends at the various CNC MFGRs who feel having a US made product is a good thing, and it may well be, but there is no real comparison, ANY spindle is much better than the best of hand held routers.
    Ahhh...thank you Gary for an honest and to the point opinion....I appreciate it. bob