Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help configuring/troubleshooting Chinese 20W Fiber Laser, Maxphotonics, EZCAD

In the 'learn something new every day' category-- I just fiddled with the 'angle' setting, and yes indeedy it does rotate the entire output! After a couple of minutes I came up with a -0.38° rotation that perfectly squared the output to the faceplate of the machine!

I also learned that the tweaks made in the "field" tab window affects the laser AND red light output. I also noted that after squaring the output, the red light lined up perfectly to my test engraved box in the Y axis, but was just a hair short in the X axis; I had to add .007 to the X scale in the red light adjust window. Now, I'm not sure changing the rotation had anything to do with that or not, it might have needed a tweak before I did the rotation change, I'm not sure. But I'm glad I checked, the red light and engraving line up nicely!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Hi Kevin. I’m having almost same power issues from my 30w laser. When you are referring to mirror alignment, do you do the adjustments with the mirrors with the laser in the “on” position? How do you actually move the mirrors?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Leopard View Post
    Hi Kevin. I’m having almost same power issues from my 30w laser. When you are referring to mirror alignment, do you do the adjustments with the mirrors with the laser in the “on” position? How do you actually move the mirrors?
    Moving the mirrors-- Just draw a box or circle that takes up the entire working area and run the red light. Best is a circle actually, drawn large enough so the circle reaches the 4 corners of the work area. The circle will extend beyond the flat sides, but this is good, as it moves both mirrors at almost their maximum travel, and centered TO the work area. Adjust the red light emitter so the red-light travel is centered both directions on both mirrors, as in my pics.

When done adjusting the red light to the mirrors: draw a full work area size box, and engrave it on something. Then, run the red light to find out how close it tracks to the actual engraving. With the red light adjusted, the goal is to get the laser to match the red light as close as possible. This involves adjusting the laser 'snout' inside the machine or scanhead housing, which will be a lot of trial and error with paper shims and such

But if you can get it close, you'll know the laser will be hitting the centers of the mirrors and lens, keeping power output equal throughout the work area

Final adjustments to match the red light to the engraving dead-to-rights can be done last in the software. These will be very small adjustments that shouldn't affect power output at the edges of the work area...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Fiber Laser Engraving - Alignment Issue

Hello Kevin,
    I am so grateful that I eventually found a forum about the Fiber Laser machine.
    I bought 30w JPT machine last month from Ali Express, and since the machine arrived it has been a nightmare.
    There are very few online resources to help in learning about it and the seller’s support is extremely useless due to the fact that they barely speak any English, and any question I ask has never been answered properly or thoroughly.
    To begin with, I had a problem with the engraving before knowing how to do the alignments. Now I am having a big problem with the alignment and the quality of the engraving.
    The engraving is always coming up 3 mm above the laser dot and even when I click RED on EZCAD, it shows that the engraving will be in the right spot, but when I hit “mark”, the engraving always comes up around 3mm above the intended spot.
    Any idea on how to solve this?
    The other thing is the engraving is coming very light and doesn’t seem to be sharp. I am doing engraving on bracelets and the engravings are not clean, clear, and visible. Any recommended setting?
    I highly appreciate any support on this

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Majzoub View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Majzoub View Post
    The engraving is always coming up 3 mm above the laser dot and even when I click RED on EZCAD, it shows that the engraving will be in the right spot, but when I hit “mark”, the engraving always comes up around 3mm above the intended spot.
    Any idea on how to solve this?
    In EZCAD there are settings to adjust/offset the red light pointer so that when you hit F1 it will correctly line up with what is actually engraved when you hit F2. Google "adjust red light pointer EZCAD" and you'll see plenty of videos.
    Licensed Professional Engineer,
    Unlicensed Semi Professional Tinkerer

Thanks a lot Matt.
    Your response was super helpful.
    I googled what you said and I found out how to fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Schrum View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]

In EZCAD there are settings to adjust/offset the red light pointer so that when you hit F1 it will correctly line up with what is actually engraved when you hit F2. Google "adjust red light pointer EZCAD" and you'll see plenty of videos.