Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope this works out

Hope this works out

I have been in contact with an Ebay seller that seems to sell mostly lasers and CNCs along with their equipment. I ordered a 1060 130watt with a 5200 chiller and rotary they were very helpful so far and wanted to send me training material and they are sending a tracking number. I know what everyone says about Ebay but I see that they have a lot of good feed back and there is a lot of feed back on their lasers. I just hope this works out. I needed a larger bed to do the work that is coming up that the company that i cut for has coming in. I could fall back on the CNC to cut it but they wanted the nicer finish on the cuts. I was told it was shipping out Monday and the contact person answers in the day so I don't think they are in China.

Just a quick update. The laser is on a Fedex truck heading this way supposed to get here Wednesday.

Keep us posted. So far so good. Good luck!
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Well I picked it up at FEDEX and started to set it up. the hardest part was uncrating it and putting the casters on. Everything looks good and I did a test fire. one mirror had to be adjusted just a little but I got it centered. I will post some pictures when I have more time.

Pics!

I wouldn't mind some info on your machine, I've been trying to talk my BIL into getting another machine for his operation, as his 12 year old LS800 is only firing at half power, and the ULS is 21 years old now! He needs another machine just to keep up with his work load, but really needs it for backup!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

here are a few pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

I worked with Monica from goldraydigital She sent me the best deal I got the 130 watt 1060 with a CW5000 chiller and rotary for about the same price as their 100 watt I did have to have it shipped to a business or it would have been $400 more. It came Fedex and the Fedex freight is closer then the company that I had it shipped to so I called and arranged for me to pick it up. I did get it 1 day sooner that way as well. So far it looks to be 3 time faster cutting the same acrylic and design that I cut on my smaller unit. I think I may put the smaller LG 500 up for sale

It is marked a an HL Lasercut but I really don't know what the actual brand is. The Reci tube says it is 150Watt but I will keep the power down to what they recommend. Maybe Dave Sheldrake will chime in with what brand he thinks it is.

the 150w marking on the tube is likely their 'as tested' figure, and I read somewhere once that they test at 32mA... my 80w RECI shows tested at 110w...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

so far so good the only problem was the crappy casters they sent. I went to Harbor Freight and bought some nice heavy duty ones. One question about the chiller are the fans in the back supposed to run all the time or just when the chiller starts the cooling cycle.

Is it a refrigerated chiller? If so my fan runs all the time, I can hear the compressor kick in and out.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

My experience is the same as Bill's except for occasionally during the coldest parts of the winter when my basement is in the low 60's or lower. The fans can occasionally cycle on and off when it is that cold.

You ought to scan your tube's barcode to make sure you have a genuine RECI:
    http://www.recilaser.com/en/index.ph...catid=13&id=34
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

I love my new CW-5200 because the fan's DON'T run all the time. When I got it (about 3-4 months ago) I got an email stating I was getting an 'upgraded model'... This thing runs dead quiet, can't even hear the water pump. The fans start up ONLY when the compressor starts, and they run on for about 15 seconds after the compressor shuts down...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Yes it is a chiller CW5000 and it has the smart setup. I just checked and the compressor kicks on but the fans don't I have a call into the place I bought it from but haven't heard back yet. I just checked the MA meter and at 90% power I am getting 28 MA so I will stay just below that as Reci says that 28 MA is the max it should run at.

Update to the fans They are shipping out 2 new ones after I made a video of what is happening. They think maybe a bad batch of fans but they said they didn't have 2 fail in one machine.