Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hope this works out

Blog Entries
    Might be a relay or poor wiring if both aren't working. Sounds fishy that both would be bad Jerome.

I think I'd be taking them out (got to anyway, figuring out what voltage (120 or DC) and testing them. (unless you did, I didn't see where you posted any troubleshooting results) That really is one in a million if both are truly bad.
    Last edited by John Lifer; 08-03-2018 at 7:03 PM.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

That was one of the things that I did. I was getting 120 volts to the fans in the chiller and then I took them out and tested each one. Neither would spin up.

>>I will stay just below that as Reci says that 28 MA is the max it should run at.<<

There is a max number and a long life number. I would not run at the max number if not necessary.

Is that chiller a D&N versus an S&A? Your picture is really blurry so it is hard to tell.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Blog Entries
    Dang, that is strange. Hope the new ones work.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Yes it is a DN and I think the new ones should work as I hooked up the old ones to a standard 110 volt line and they did not spin. when I first got it one did spin slowly but then it blew a fuse and then didn't work after that

I just got a tracking number for the fans and they should be here today. I will let you know how it goes. the customer service is very good. I bought my laser from Goldraydigital it says it is a HL Lasercut and my contact is Monica Li she was very helpful
    Last edited by Jerome Stanek; 08-07-2018 at 9:24 AM.

You might consider looking upstream from the fans for any issues that might have caused both to fail, before installing the new pair.

Is the unit 110/220 volt and perhaps your running on 110? Maybe the fans were wired across the 220 and in series, so on 110 (120) volts they don't run at all.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    I think I might meter the lines that plug into the fans. See what voltage and if it has voltage that matches the fans. (whatever they are)
    I know my pump comes on immediately, then after about 30 seconds the fans kick in with the compressor to pull temp down as setpoint is about a degree below my basement temp this time of year. Takes about 2 minutes for a degree and a half, so you have some time.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

I already tried the meter and I was getting the correct voltage. I just installed the fans and they run perfectly. Very happy with Goldraydigital and Monica Li and their team. love how fast this laser cuts. I used to run one job on my old laser and it would take 3minutes and 30 seconds to cut now I can cut it in 1 minute even that really helps when I have 200 pieces to cut.

Blog Entries
    Great! still strange that both were dead. Keep eye on them! don't want to fry the compressor
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    here are a few pic
    Hi Jerome,

Wondering if you could give a small 'hope this turns out' update. I've been looking around at options for a laser, and had wound up looking at this same model, as it seemed to be well equipped with accessories for the price. Searching for reviews, I stumbled on your thread here.

Do you have any regrets as of today after having owned this laser for a while? Anything about the laser itself you dislike or would change? I'm curious if you can hang material out of the front/back (pass-through), I can't tell from the way the lid opens if you can hang material out or not.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide. I know most say stay away from the Ebay lasers... but I'm willing to consider based on actual owner feedback.

regards
    Eric Brust

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Brust View Post
    Hi Jerome,

Wondering if you could give a small 'hope this turns out' update. I've been looking around at options for a laser, and had wound up looking at this same model, as it seemed to be well equipped with accessories for the price. Searching for reviews, I stumbled on your thread here.

Do you have any regrets as of today after having owned this laser for a while? Anything about the laser itself you dislike or would change? I'm curious if you can hang material out of the front/back (pass-through), I can't tell from the way the lid opens if you can hang material out or not.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide. I know most say stay away from the Ebay lasers... but I'm willing to consider based on actual owner feedback.

regards
    Eric Brust
    I had a great experience with my contact Monica from Goldraydigital. They shipped it faster then I thought they would. I had one small problem with the Chiller fans but they sent out new ones after I emailed them a video. They also sent links on how to set it up and run it. I would use them again and highly recommend them.