Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Received my new laser

Received my new laser

just purchased a new 150 watt laser , 3 axis and rotary attachment with the 5200 cooling unit.
    I was used to imperial so this metric is going to be a learning curve
    Thanks to Mike dorian in Concord Ontario for his help
    The machine looks well built , my only complaint so far is the metric
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a nice machine, looks well engineered, congrats!

as for the mm vs. SAE thing, do what do- take this web address below, and make it your browser's home page on the computer that runs the laser!

-I've found it invaluable AND I'm actually starting to learn from it, at least a little bit!

https://www.google.com/search?q=inch...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Looks great! Depending on your controller, you might be able to run Lightburn.

When I use mine I design in Aspire and convert to MM and export as DXF

I also use aspire , just need the laser software for power and speed
    but still would prefer imperial measurement like aspire

once you convert it to a mm dfx then you just import it into your laser software.

thanks , I would have just felt better if it was all imperial but the only imperial RDWORKS is for thunder lasers, its a well built machine

For those who do not think in metric, a tiny app by Josh Madison called Convert is the ticket. It is pinned to my taskbar and converts almost anything to anything. It has more than 20 categories (pressure, distance, volume, torque, etc.)
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

It's my understanding that Vectric will soon have a print driver for laser engravers and other machines as well. I heard that it will be available as an add-on module.

Congrats. Looks to be a rebadged Bodor laser with a Ruida controller which means you will probably be using some variant of RDWorks as your laser control software.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Would I be better off buying lightburn and which version

new laser optima x1006 150 watt

It did come with rdworks ver 8. I have used laser cut in the past,nice to have no dongle

Its not fully up and running yet, some exhaust connections to make , also got the cw5200 cooler
    But i see here people are talking about light burn , and there are 2 versions 40.00 and 80.00
    Anyone recommend which i should use or stick to rdworks.
    I do all my work in vetric aspire so i just need the power, speed and location on the table
    Also another new term for me is the scan , what is this

thanks

Stan,

Lightburn has a trial version that is free to download. If you have Ruida, it is likely compatible.

If you try out the demo version and decide to buy after 30 days, you have to buy the $80 since that is the only version that works with Ruida. Also, download the latest version of RDWorks. It is 8.01.26 on Riuda's English website or 8.01.30 on their Chinese language website.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

laser optima

Thanks I will try light burn , but do you feel its better than rdworks and which version

also it was quite the machine to handle into the shop,
    I was very lucky a trucking company picked it off my truck with a crane [placed it on my trailer and a payloader put it in the shop
    Then i took the case apart and used a johnson bar to move it around