Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Received my new laser

thanks for that info, you nailed it mine looks like a version of Bodor, I looked it up and the specs are real close
    I really appreciate this as mre info , background its good

maybe i should just stick with rdworks

Quote Originally Posted by stan kern View Post
    Thanks I will try light burn , but do you feel its better than rdworks and which version
    One of my lasers shipped with RDWorks, and I'm in the process of converting over to lightburn on it. It's got way more functionality than RDWorks, and just works. You'll need the $80 version, as that's the one that supports the Ruida controllers that RDWorks uses. Give Lightburn a try, it's free to try for 30 days as has been said. I think you'll like it.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Try the free demo version of Lightburn first

I probably can't use Lightburn, as I'm not sure what controller Triumph put in my machine. My machine's current software is PHcad/LaserSoft, and one of the questions I have about Lightburn (if I COULD use it) is, will it include all the machine control functions and options I'm used to and need? As in, I'm not sure how the other programs address backlash adjustments, arc speed limits, 'curve discrete' settings, and all the min/max accel/decel settings, but LaserSoft is loaded with them. Fine tuning all the various options is how I got this huge 1390 behemoth designed for cutting to produce very high quality engraving, nearly indistinguishable from my 3 Synrad machines. Albeit a ton slower ... fortunately I'm able to finalize everything the laser will do in Corel, so I do absolutely zero editing in the program, other than repositioning and minor size changes. But it would be nice to use the program for more than just a print driver, Lightburn looks interesting
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Kev - When you open up your machine and look at the controller, it doesn't have writing or label on it with the model number and brand/mfg?

LightBurn has a list of compatible controllers on its website.

You hit on the reason why an owner of laser with a Ruida controller has to know and be able to run RDWorks even if they plan to mainly use LightBurn. At this time, Lightburn does not yet have the ability to change all of the parameters that are available in RDWorks. It can do many of the most used ones but very specialized ones like those found under the User tab in RDWorks cannot be adjusted in LightBurn at this time. The workaround it is open RDWorks, make the change, upload to the laser, close RDWorks and then use Lightburn.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Once I get comfortable using rdworks, then I may try lightburn.
    because i use vetric aspire to design my work i really don't need anything fancy,
    I have been using laser cut with my other 100 watt machine and it suited fine , simple

Blog Entries
    What good is lightburn if you are using corel or any other program to design in and use rdworks as just power and speed setting? I see nothing. If you are trying to use rdworks as design program, then I truly understand trying something else as it is an exercise in futility for me. Just way to easy to hit the macro in corel and then make sure setting are right in rdworks and upload.

O
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Blog Entries
    Oh, scan is the engrave setting. Cutting is vector cutting. Ignore other offerings.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

thanks everyone

got around to running the new machine , its great different from my 100 watt, very smooth
    lots of power

Go metric. Imperials are very handy for home and garden, not science and tech.
    I know mistakes are quite common and can be serious as $125 million: https://www.wired.com/2010/11/1110ma...server-report/
    Red & Black KH-7050 / 80W EFR F2 / "24mm" head with lens 20/mirror 25mm / extended working area 720x510 | Foison vinyl cutter 2FT wide | Was working on Epilog, Mimaki, Mutoh, Roland, Graphtec, CNCs, laminators etc.

I am switching to metric and I think I will be ok with it, the PLT format works fine in both imperial or metric

The Lightburn developer is currently working on machine and parameter settings which should be available soon.

I use Lightburn over RDWorks for various reasons such as being able to have variations of the same design in the same file, and just being able to select that variation to send to the laser, saves the number of files I need. One file has over thirty different designs in it, they are each less than 35mm in diameter, I just highlight the one I want and send it to the laser.

I have some designs where I need to change the text, this now takes seconds in Lightburn and the font selection is quick and easy.

It imports .svg files, I use Inkscape for my designs, I no longer have to save files as .dxf’s as I did with RDWorks.

I can now copy an image from one piece of software or off the internet and paste it straight into Lightburn, use the trace tool to vectorize it and send it straight to the laser.

I’m considering converting my other CO2 laser over to an Rudia controller just so I can use Lightburn on that too.
    Last edited by Julian Ashcroft; 07-19-2018 at 2:28 AM.
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

Blog Entries
    Well Julian, that makes total sense. One of the major things about RDworks is that if I send the entire file that will be two or three different runs, it wants to send all to the laser. If I can select and send, that would be really nice.
    I don't save designs in svg, or in dxf for rdworks, original is usually saved in Corel. I might on occasion save the RDL file but I have only reused from those saved files a couple of times.
    And If it traces decent, then it might well be alternative to those who don't use Corel, at a cheaper entry point.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Not sure what version of RDWorks you are using but every version I have used has had the ability to output selected items. Some of my designs have 75 components and occasionally a part can be damaged and needs to be recut, simply a matter of selecting and recutting. When I have needed to trace an outline I have been satified with the result from my free software (RDWorks) as I cannot justify AU$ 217.64 per year to rent or AU$ 749 to purchase CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2017 or rent Adobe Illustrator for AU$ 28.59 per month.