Thread: More “inheritance”

Blog Entries

More “inheritance”

My friend gave me some more ancient koa and Doug for boards today that belonged to his late father, along this book today. Looks good. Anyone read it?
    0285FEFF-3190-4752-B496-53881382BCDB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zac wingert View Post
    My friend gave me some more ancient koa and Doug for boards today that belonged to his late father, along this book today. Looks good. Anyone read it?
    0285FEFF-3190-4752-B496-53881382BCDB.jpg
    As I recall, that was a standard college/trade-school textbook back in the day (mine is from 1970.) It's pretty good, fairly comprehensive, but who sits down and reads their textbook? I haven't looked at it in years. Yours seems to be in exceptionally good condition, it looks like the owner never even opened it. Imagine that!

I had another Edition when I was at Millersville in the 70's. I kept it and referred to it for a while and not sure where it ended up. A good reference book.

Blog Entries
    From what I read so far, it’s a great book. Amazing how little hasn’t changed since 1970, except the tools you thought you had to buy to get a job done.

I have my Dad's copy sitting in my office. I skimmed through it. I sits on a shelf as a reminder.

I call it the Woodworking Bible. Dated in the machinery but the principles are sound and important. I got my first copy from the Reader's Digest book club when I was like 8 years old (about 1970).

992 pages?! That's gotta be the largest woodworking book I've ever seen.

Thats what we had at the college early 80's. Havent looked at it in a while. Best teaching still came from one or two teachers mostly one from where he learned to shops he worked in and ran.