Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roctech 4X8

Roctech 4X8

I am looking at a couple of machines and one is made by Roctech. http://www.roctechusacnc.com/rc1325-s . Does anyone here have any experience with this company? It's a Chinese company but they have them in stock already in the USA and you can go to their facility to see, test and get some training on the machine. It appears to be pretty heavy duty with decent components for the price. It is more than buying direct from China but I wouldn't have any of the headaches of having it imported and I can see the machine before buying and know that it has the components that I am paying for before buying which from what I have read has been an issue with buying Chinese plus I can test it there to ensure that it is functioning properly.

What about the DSP operating system? I really don't know much about it. Mach 3 or Ncstudio is an option but the one they had for sale is DSP and not sure if they could change it out there or would have to order a machine set up for it.

Looks like a 3ph machine, can you deal with that? They quote some nice parts/components
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

They sold the one they had in stock now with the tariffs they are bumping the price another $3000 so it is now off my list.

Still researching but can’t find any info on Roctech. Talking directly to China and they are selling them about 10k less than the importer. Looking at their posts and the types of machines that they sell it looks like they focus more on larger shops than hobbyist. It is a single phase machine unless I bump up to an ATC. Just wish that I could find more info on them. Even with the new tariffs the price is pretty good. About twice as much as most of the Chinese 4x8 machines but seem to have much better components that justify the price.

Do you really need a 4x8? Used 4x4 and maybe a 4x8 come up at times over at the CAMaster website Forum, CAMHeads. If you do not need a tool changer or 4x8 Fine Line Automation a USA based company either in Indiana or NC sells a nice heavy duty 4x4 that runs either Mach3 or 4 and a Ethernet based ESS controller. I purchased one and am finishing it up. In spite of it not being completed I have been running jobs because of demand. NEMA34 motors and professionally built and wired control box and motor wiring along with electronic proximity switches sourced in Germany. Very heavy welded steel with Stand and all.
    Last edited by Bill George; 08-28-2018 at 6:10 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I’m pretty much set on doing a 4x8 if I am going to put out this kind of money. I keep an eye out on the cam heads forum but nothing has come available for a while. I want to be able to do some large things without the need to cut down or slide thru.

if can afford and fit the 4 by 8 cnc in your shop. go for it.. I lost 3 grand in only 2 years when sold my American made 4x4 cnc to get 4x8 cnc...

Quote Originally Posted by eugene thomas View Post
    if can afford and fit the 4 by 8 cnc in your shop. go for it.. I lost 3 grand in only 2 years when sold my American made 4x4 cnc to get 4x8 cnc...
    Your lucky to only lose that much. If I had to do it over I would have bought a 5 X 10 unit

In this area there are few and far between larger CNC routers. Its the cabinet shops that own and that's about it. I think I own the largest non-manufacturing one around.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

SHOPSABRE CNC has been amazing to deal with. American Made out of Minnesota - They make everything from a desktop shopsabre 23 all the way up to a IS 5x12 support and service is second to none - check them out

Bobby...
    There is a 4 by 4 for sale on CAMheads this AM. http://www.camheads.org/showthread.p...5725#post75725

disclaimer: I do not know this person, or the machine.
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC

What don't people get when he says he wants a 4X8. If he needs a 4x8 then why would I be looking at a smaller unit. That is like saying I need a full size pickup and everybody is telling me that a small pickup will work.

I have been checking them but they are twice the price of the roctech for their RC model and at least for some of the build, Roctech seems to offer better components such as servos over steppers. If we were only talking a grand or two then it would be an easy decision but we are talking 8 or 9 grand difference.

Gary, I saw that this morning. I check the site daily for any new listings. I don't want to have the same issue as that owner. Machine is 5 months old and upgrading to a bigger machine already.
    I am also keeping my eye open for them to post the new changes to the Panther line that they told me was coming.

Could I live with a 4x4? Probably so. I may never be in the position to buy a 4x8 again and there are some things that I want to do that will be easier than settling for a 4x4.

Bobby...
    I agree. I don't know for sure what you will end up with, but with the number of Chinese machines that I retrofit in a given year I get to speak to a good number of guys that bought an import because of the price compared to US made machines. It seems the sweet taste of a low price often gets replaced with a more bitter one once they pay for upgraded electronics, a new control system, or both. The low price of the imports does not include tech support, warranty or in many cases, the ability to purchase replacement parts.
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC