Thread: An Estate Sale, today

An Estate Sale, today

That turned out to be run by an ex-neighbor of mine.....that I spent many a year, mowing the grass for....
    IMG_4998 (640x480).jpg
    No...not this yard. The view when we pulled in. Looked like my kind of sale...

Picked a few things out, went to pay for the items.....told "No Charge! Consider it payment for all the lawn mowing.."

Tried twice to at least pay a little....was informed my money wasn't good enough...keep it.

Got home to sort through the goodies...
    IMG_5000 (640x480).jpg
    Need to research this little item....and see about a new wheel...
    IMG_5001 (640x480).jpg
    So...what was in the bag?
    IMG_5002 (640x480).jpg
    They say you can't have enough clamps? Added 5 more to the shop, today..
    Now have 5 of these things in the shop..
    IMG_5003 (640x480).jpg
    Might come in handy? May need to clean things up a bit...

All because I mowed her lawn all those years....

Well..what about the "Wet Wheel" contraption? There wasn't any manual with it....any ideas out there?

H'mm, 5 miter clamps. That's 450 degrees. I'm left wondering what geometry your dealing with. Must carry over into an alternate universe, with different laws.

Actually...need 3 more such clamps.....top and bottom of the corners of a box....

Or... two, to hold a drawer side to the front, while I do dovetail layouts.....

Trying to learn about the WEN sharpener, actually. Wet Wheel? I dump some water in it, and hone an edge? Looks like a few parts are missing, too...is there a jig of some sort?

There's apparently two Wen companies - the name got purchased by someone who's making some new tools under that name. I suspect your little wet grinder is from the old company. I was given this phone number for the old company; no idea if it's current: 574-598-2203.

Like a lot of the companies that were around in the 50s, Wen's products kind of faded away from their glory days; their 909 Allsaw would still be a great tool if blades were more easily available (the saw used blades with a shank size of about 3/8", between 1/4" Black&Decker-type sabersaws and the standard 1/2" reciprocating saw). But, if you can get your little wet grinder working again, you might find it useful.

I'm always impressed by how much grunt it's possible to apply to a C-clamp with the wing nut for a handle. It's counter-intuitive, but they seem to work just as well as those with the longer sliding rods.

Checked out the phone number...still good, CS for pre-2001 tools. May give them a call later.
    Two of the c clamps didn't really need much cleaning..other than the threads. One clamp did need a bit more cleaning..
    IMG_5007 (640x480).jpg
    Managed to get the one bolt all the way out...was missing it's retainer bolt.
    Kind of tiny....not sure what I'll use it for...yet. We'll see..