Thread: Shotgun Case

Shotgun Case

I have enjoyed learning great information from so many of the experts on this site. I’m not at that level, but thought I would share my latest project.

I was looking for a locking case to store my Remington 870 12 gauge shotgun under my bed. I keep my Sig P320 handgun in a Gunvault beside the bed, which is opened every night and locked during the day. I really like the electronic push button lock on this case, but couldn’t find anything similar for my shotgun which would also fit into the tight space. So, I built one.

I know that it can be opened with the right tools, but I think that applies to almost all cases of this type. It was a nice project to hone or learn new skills for making tight meters, dovetail joints, and hand chiseled hinge mortises. The wood is walnut and maple with 4 coats of Tung oil. The lock took some thought to install, since it’s not meant for this application, but it works perfectly.

I now have easy access to my shotgun in a case that opens very quickly, plus some new woodworking skills.

That's a stand out case with great attention to detail. Well done!
    Welcome to the Creek
    Please help support the Creek.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. - Steven Wright

Beautiful case, Tim. Very well executed. And yes, welcome to the Creek!

Thank you gentlemen!

Nicely done indeed. Welcome.
    She said “How many woodworking tools do you need?”
    I said “Why? Do you know someone who is selling some?”