Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planer dust collection

Looks like all you will need I a collection container and filters. Good deal

Thanks, that's what I thought too. Wynn Environmental has the filters, but I am going to check with Filtech which is wholesaler in Pittsburgh to see if they can get them. Picking this up in Mount Vernon today. Other than WoodWerks and Woodcraft are there any other good woodworking stores in or near Columbus?

Wow, you stole that. And yes, the motor is probably worth that. I recently built my own system and bought a used 3HP motor/housing/blower for $200, and thought that was great. Mine is mounted outside with no filters, but in your area you might not want that, if you heat your shop. Here in AZ, heat removal is always a benefit, not a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hampe View Post
    Thanks, that's what I thought too. Wynn Environmental has the filters, but I am going to check with Filtech which is wholesaler in Pittsburgh to see if they can get them. Picking this up in Mount Vernon today. Other than WoodWerks and Woodcraft are there any other good woodworking stores in or near Columbus?
    That is all I know of in Columbus for tools. There ate a few sawmills around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hampe View Post
    ........but I am going to check with Filtech which is wholesaler in Pittsburgh to see if they can get them.........
    Make sure they know which way the air will flow through the filters. Most are designed to flow from outside to the inside. The opposite to the way dust collectors are made.

Pull down the airhandling sizing a dust collection pdf.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...sDybkZ2KSWu63S

It has info on larger systems than Sandors book.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thanks! Didn't make it to either one, but found an excellent restaurant - Watt's in Utica. Definitely worth the trip!

Thanks I'll keep that in mind