Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm amazed..

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sweeney
    >>Now let's see the smallest piece of wood you can feed through a brand new planer is about 3" long right - Oh wait, that's one that I should have asked but didn't
    I certainly didn't try this one...but I did fill five 55 gallon drums with planer and jointer shavings in the last two nights! No short pieces of lumber for me, thank you very much...

Seriously, no question is "dumb". And as I indicated in my first reply in this thread, asking them helps document both the question and the wisdom learned for future access by those who remember to use the search feature!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

As a certified green horn myself I can definately testify that John has asked some really dumb questions....

Hey, I resemble that remark!

At any rate, me thinks that Anthony's concern may have been addressed. I know that when I first started going to that "experimental WW forum", I lurked for quite a while, just trying to absorb all the info. Seems like a long, long time ago, but it really isn't. It just feels that way, due to the vast amount of info I've gathered in a relatively short period of time. This place, the system admin/moderators and the people who hang out here, are all the greatest!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    This place, the system admin/moderators and the people who hang out here, are all the greatest!
    I heartily agree with that sentiment. Although I enjoy the other forum site that I spend a lot of time on due to my "host" status, I actually have "fun" here. What's not to like about that??

This thread is up to 500 veiws, a good deal more than the free stuff anouncement!

Changing user name

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Demarco
    P.S. can anyone tell me how to change my name here, so I will not have to live my life in shame?
    Ken,

I've updated your username and sent you an automatic
    email reminder-

Cheers,

_Aaron_

Cool Ken...

Plus, I'd be quite surprised if Keith or one of the guys doesn't have your name corrected by the end of this thread!

See, told 'ya so.... The admin/moderators of this forum play an active part of the forum at large. They try their damnest to make sure everything is running smoothly and to keep their members AND guests comfy! So, now that you've lost, at least, one of the reasons for not previously posting.....!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    Ken,

I've updated your username and sent you an automatic
    email reminder-

Cheers,

_Aaron_
    Doesn't look like it worked Aaron -- try again.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Aaron, and Ken,
    Thanks, I'm all fixed up now, would have replied earlier, but I lost the first reset password and it took awhile to figure out how to find it.

John,
    Thanks also, I was under the impression from reading your posts that you were one of the smart ones here. Lots of good questions that I have learned much from.

Mr. Grumbine,
    I must say you are one of many here that I am truly inspired by, you work is just incredible! And your web page always gives me a chuckle!

Well it looks as if I am set so I will quit being a lurker and try to offer something, though it will be mostly questions. I will update my profile to include my webpage, just a few pics I let friends see of what I'm working on.

Thanks again
    Ken
    Ken DeMarco
    Rawson, OH

Quote Originally Posted by Ken DeMarco
    Aaron, and Ken,
    Thanks, I'm all fixed up now, would have replied earlier, but I lost the first reset password and it took awhile to figure out how to find it.

John,
    Thanks also, I was under the impression from reading your posts that you were one of the smart ones here. Lots of good questions that I have learned much from.

Mr. Grumbine,
    I must say you are one of many here that I am truly inspired by, you work is just incredible! And your web page always gives me a chuckle!

Well it looks as if I am set so I will quit being a lurker and try to offer something, though it will be mostly questions. I will update my profile to include my webpage, just a few pics I let friends see of what I'm working on.

Thanks again
    Ken
    That's awesome, Ken! We like activity here and the more people posting keeps the place active. The more active it is, the more people start to join in. And that's when you can really start reaping the benefits! Please, don't get me wrong: We already have a sharp crew on board here, but a wider range of suggestions, options and even questions just expands everyone's knowledge. That said, see 'ya 'round the Creek!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Quote Originally Posted by Richard G. Hash

So my rule of thumb is that unless I'm sure that I would want to spend the time reading my own post, I don't post (I'll exempt this one;-). Occassionally I'll use private email instead of posting, if I'm not entirely sure. I'll concur that some might take that as somewhat anti-social, but I go thru hundreds and hundreds of pages of information every day, and typically I just don't have the time...
    Richard:

I like you already!

The only other thing you did not cover is the chronic cross poster that believes their message may be "missed" by some poor underpriviledged soul.

This may intimidate some flurkers that feel overwhelmed by the shear volume of material out here.

regards
    Bob