Thread: Arbor RPM of Saw Stop ICS.

Arbor RPM of Saw Stop ICS.

...or any 10" cabinet saw for that matter. I was just curious, and tried looking it up. Couldn't find the spec anywhere!

Hi Jim, mine is 4,800 RPM.......................Regards, Rod.

In the area where power is 60 Hz, an induction motor will run somewhere between 3450 RPM and a bit less than 3600 RPM, depending on the load. Then it depends on the pulleys you have between the motor and the arbor. Mine look like 1:1 so the arbor RPM would be approximately the same as the motor.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Smaller 10" blades will generally spin in the 4500-5000 rpm range to get the tip speed into the 11000-14000 fpm area. 16-18" blades run in the 2800-3500 range and some panel saws will run three speeds to account for various diameter blades and material choices. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jim mills View Post
    ...or any 10" cabinet saw for that matter. I was just curious, and tried looking it up. Couldn't find the spec anywhere!
    You must work on the Google Fu... This search (sawstop ics arbor rpm) produced an answer on the first page, though you have to pick through the answers that just list the motor speed. 4000 rpm tis the answer.

I do find it interesting even with the quality of search engines how a small change in search terms or order impacts the results.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I googled "sawstop ics arbor rpm" and still couldn't find the answer. The manual has a "specs" page & lists just about everythig but arbor rpm.

It makes sense that with the blade stopping technology, the arbor would run a touch slower. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jim mills View Post
    I googled "sawstop ics arbor rpm" and still couldn't find the answer. The manual has a "specs" page & lists just about everythig but arbor rpm.
    I forgot how much Google learns us and our searches and tailors them to us. The answer was in the 7th return on the first page for me with that search. Again 4000 rpm is the answer.

I guess they need to make How to train you Google instead of another How to train your dragon movie.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Finally found it in an acme tools ad. Geeze, you'd think it would be in the manual. How did Acme Tools find the answer? Did they Tach it? Hey, now there's an idea.
    Actually I was kinda bored & was wondering what the lfm of the blade was, so I could compare it to my larger saws running 12, 14, and 16" blades. A couple of my 14 & 16" blades are screamers, and I was trying to calculate if I could slow them down a bit.